• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Possible group buy of Tripath TK RB-TK2350-2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am going to organise a group buy of the following amplifier module, Tripath reference model RB-TK2350-2
This is two channels at 600 Watts into 4 Ohms.
This should make a very nice power amp.
Pricing will be very attractive for 10 pieces of course if we reach 50 pieces it will be even better.

If anyone is interested please let me know.
I will go ahead with only ten orders.

Attachments

• propict2222550115407.jpg
    propict2222550115407.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 535
A few answers,
The module is complete you give it some Volts and some signal.
The heatsink is included, the whole thing is literally plug and play.
I can't post the prices in public but i can send you the cost via email. Let me know if you think the price is competitive. If it isn't we'll just let it die.
Is this ok ?

exurbia said:
A few answers,
The module is complete you give it some Volts and some signal.
The heatsink is included, the whole thing is literally plug and play.
I can't post the prices in public but i can send you the cost via email. Let me know if you think the price is competitive. If it isn't we'll just let it die.
Is this ok ?

Just sent you an email. Wanted to know how much is for 1 kit.
thanks

I have had a chat with the manufacturer of the Tripath modules.
He is looking for a distributor for Oz. That may well turn out to be me. If this happens i will have access to the 1800 Watt Tripath as well as the Philips UCD modules.
I can put the prices up on the forum.
For 10-50 units the price is 202.00 Oz dollars.

As far as postage goes i will aim for tracked post direct from the manufacturer. No third party fees.

In 4 weeks time i go back to hospital for my remission check up.
It would be great if i could get this organised beforehand as i will be gone for a week. If not we will have a short delay.

TTFN, Peter.

p.s please add your name to the post if you are interested with the number of units you want. The price may come down a little bit but i wouldn't hold my breath.

Hi Peter,
Depending on cost I might take two . Saving on postage and heatsink cost will surely help me. I'm trying to get other friends interested in it . I'm trying to look at 4 or 5 units . Without heatsink and with lower shipping costs it might just be possible to fund it.
For me the catch is that they will reimburse the cost only after I give them the 'completed' unit !
Let me work on it. Meantime give me more technical details like required power supply voltage , sensitivity etc. Does it have output dc and overload protection ?

How does it sound , say compared to amps from 41Hz or Hypex ?
Thanks.
Ashok.

Ashok, The last question is the easiest. I have Hypex ucd 400's and these tripaths definitely have the edge for sheer balls. They are unflappable they can also be bridged for serious grunt. The specs are as listed.
THD+N=10% @ 4Ù 600+600W rms -/+60V
THD+N=10% @ 8Ù 300+300W rms -/+60V
THD+N=10% @ 8Ù 1200W rms BTL -/+60V
THD+N=0.1% @ 4Ù 175+175W rms -/+45V
THD+N=0.1% @ 4Ù 525W rms BTL -/+45V

exurbia said:
I have had a chat with the manufacturer of the Tripath modules.
I can put the prices up on the forum.
For 10-50 units the price is 202.00 Oz dollars.
As far as postage goes i will aim for tracked post direct from the manufacturer. No third party fees.

Is this manufacturer in the US/Canada? Direct shipping from a US mfr. could be really affordable for those of us on this side of the Pacific. Otherwise, it looks like shipping from Australia via DHL is about $150AUD and via FedEx is about $200AUD. That almost doubles the price of the modules for US buyers.

FYI -- $400 AUD = $325 USD.

exurbia--
Can you get us an update on shipping, and correct my facts if I'm wrong?

--Greg

Greg, The modules are manufactured in Asia in one of the tiger economies. Postage to the states is going to based on approximately 1.5 kilos. The manufacturer won't remove the heatsinks. They claim that the transistors may be damaged or an inadequate heatsink fitted, therefore no warranty.

At the moment i am waiting for some new samples with a pincushion heatsink. These should be about half the weight.

Airmail insured to anywhere in the US is $Au 33.00 with the heatsink.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.