Plasma panels and heat.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

I've got a Daewoo plasma TV here,it's defunct,but a new logic board should fix that.(I hope- PSU and everything else checks out.)I'm more concerned with this green coloration on the screen,I'm wondering if plasma's are sensitive to heat?
Here's a video of the beast: YouTube - Daewoo plasma on acid?
Might those green areas be caused by excessive heat? The sustain boards are behind those green areas,and I'm wondering if that could be caused by something other than a faulty logic board,like heat,magnetic fields,etc?
In other words,is it likely to be a problem with the plasma display itself?
It might just be artifacts from the FUBAR logic board,but I'd like to be sure.

Well I can't speak for plasmas as mines not old enough to know yet but the old JVC D-ILA system (liquid crystal on silicone) is affected by heat. The left side that turned green is closest the gas fireplace and the right side, still purplish is away from the heat. (progressive colour change) I'd be interested in what others have to say also.

depending on model that could be an expensive repair.....ysus and zsus could be faulty +the drivers.....these boards are not repeairable unless you have the necessary repair experience ant tools for surface mount repair....also you may have a faulty ssb panel too.
thing to do is obtain the service manual for this set and go from there ...
one more item that may be faulty is the pdp itself due to failure of sm parts on the cof connectors themselves -in which case yr set is scrap....

I did manage to get this set working,very briefly. I found the service manual online,and checked/adjusted the voltages for the display panel (they were fairly close to what was marked on the sticker on the back of the panel,but not exact),and checked a few other things.
Then it suddenly went into fits,and started blowing the scan driver chips..then it suddenly popped one of the COF chips,and it's associated resistors.. it's FUBAR. :(
This thing has been a headache from day 1,almost like it's possessed!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.