• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

My new "New Summa" speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just for sharing with everyone here.
I've enjoyed 5 years Abbey before moving to Summa.
As I live in Switzerland, I could not listen to it before buying ... and twice, I have not been disappointed.
The New Summa (NS15) is a great speaker !
Not the same shock as listening to the Abbey for the first time, but a clear upgrade, and well worth it.
Imaging seems to me being more stable (more rock solid), and adding more depth for a better 3D scene. The sound also seem breathing better, with clearer ambience noises, and
timbers defined in a better way, everything cleaner, hearing deeper into music.
Apart from music, it was also a real pleasure as Earl Geddes offers a first class support.
About sources, there is an external HDD connected to a Wandboard quad --> NanoDigi --> HifiMeDIY DDX320 amps and NanoDigi --> HiFiMeDIY DAC --> Rythmik servo subwoofers.

front.jpg

left & front sub.jpg

source & amps.jpg

back sub.jpg

sub plot.jpg

Soon, I'll try John Kenny Ciunas instead of Wandboard for feeding the NanoDigi.
Alain

Thank you for the invitation! :)
I was using a wandboard the same way but I dropped it , I found it very annoying that I had to turn the tv on every time.
Thankfully, I have a synology nas, which after the last update can be used as a streamer too, providing usb output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.