New plotting software - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > GedLee

GedLee Home of the renown Geddes Loudspeakers

Old 2nd July 2010, 07:10 AM   #51
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedlee View Post
No, I don't believe that is the case. If all someone had to do is self sign an app, then it becomes pointless. Several years back I looked into this. You have to apply and pay a substantial fee and after they investigate your app, they "sign it". I suppose it makes sense, I wouldn't want it any other way, you just have to run the app at home.
It just works like this:

1 - Internet Explorer is often configured to reject sites/apps without a certificate
2 - So you generate a self-signed certificate
3 - Now you have a 'real' certificate, albeit one that's not from a trusted authority like Verisign
4 - The end-user is presented with the option to accept the cert

I've consulted for a lot of businesses that use self-signed certs in their QA and DEV environments, so they don't have to shell out money to Verisign
Old 1st October 2010, 08:40 AM   #52
diyAudio Member

Dr. Geddes has revised his color scheme in polar plotting soft. Instead varying only hue, now there is intesity variation. Mutch smaller variation in amplitude can be perceived in the data, ridges, indicating diffraction, are more clearly visible.
Earl, can you also revise your normalization scheme? Somehow 'Abbey' is perceived to have narrower directivity than 'Summa'. Clearly 'Summa' is plotted couple dB 'hotter' than 'Abbey'.
Maybe try to plot design directivity angle (-45deg?) as -6dB, every step louder saturate towards red, every step quieter towards green, while retaining color intensity variation. It could squeeze additional information to the 'polar map' plot, witch is already better than anything done in the industry.
Old 1st October 2010, 06:39 PM   #53
gedlee is offline gedlee  United States
diyAudio Member

I've been playing with this. I did change the normalization sheme since it did just what you suggested. I now normalize the band average from 200 - 2kHz to be 0 dB and this corrects the appearance of different coverage angles. I have found that I like bright yellow as 0 dB going to black at -36 dB. Then above 0 dB goes to white at 3 dB and then above 3 dB going from pink to red. This gives a perceptual effect that is just what I am looking for - a peak, above the average of more than 3 dB is a "red flag". A whitish area will be pronounced and yellow is nuetral. Greyer areas are less pronounced - dull. I also plot sound power as well as the DI, this is more useful info. Will post this new stuff very soon.

Hide this!Advertise here!