• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New White Paper posting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, you guys should settle on a reference design like Earl did. The EconoWave designs floating around in DIY space can't be compared to anything if there's no real comparable data.
In the end we will probably rant about HOMs but first we should be able to discuss basic properties of the systems.

Well, you guys should settle on a reference design like Earl did.
We're about DIY, not selling a product. I do offer PC boards for $20 a pair, but they're optional, as we have posted the schematics and crossover layout for everyone's use. There are over 80 registered builders with completed projects posted on AudioKarma to date. :)

I would be willing to build a EconoWave box and measure it along with the Nathans but my reflection free measurement "bubble" is only 1.20–1.40m. That's probably too close.
We are working toward that goal, and I have recently posted a design based upon the Dayton KD trapezoidal enclosure kit ($64 ea. with free US shipping on two at Parts Express). The whole deal comes in under $400 a pair using inexpensive Dayton DC300-8 woofers. Get together with Skywave across the river from you; he's one of the "Collaborators...." :D

Last edited:
We're about DIY, not selling a product. I do offer PC boards for $20 a pair, but they're optional, as we have posted the schematics and crossover layout for everyone's use. There are over 80 registered builders with completed projects posted on AudioKarma to date. :)

Well that's nice but doesn't make those designs better or comparable to others.

We are working toward that goal

Let me know when you're finished. I would like to see a more substantiated discussion.

Build this with DE250 and Eminence Kappalite drivers. The QSC waveguides have gone up to $12.50 each, alas.... ;)

attachment.php

Here's a more refined version, with B&C woofer:

attachment.php

Or Brandon's slick No Quarters:

attachment.php

Attachments

• QSC446 & DC300 in Cab.jpg
    QSC446 & DC300 in Cab.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 478
  • JackLab 1a.jpg
    JackLab 1a.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 452
  • No Quarter.jpg
    No Quarter.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
You're missing the point - where's the data? Just because I can build a speaker doesn't mean I should. Building something just because it's cheap is uhm cheap.
There's ~10,000 posts of data about EconoWave.

You want horizontal and vertical polars in 7.5° increments out to 90°?

That's on you; we're too busy building and enjoying them.... :D

Last edited:
There's ~10,000 posts of data about EconoWave.

You want horizontal and vertical polars in 7.5° increments out to 90°?

That's on you; we're too busy building and enjoying them.... :D

These kind of speaker projects that get built by a lot of people pop up once in a while. It's mostly based on costs and/or some kind of "me too" effect. Nothing new. I'd love to see a project that is more ambitious.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.