diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   GedLee (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/gedlee/)
-   -   Sale (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/gedlee/156095-sale.html)

gedlee 3rd December 2009 01:47 PM

Sale
 
I would like to make everyone aware of the fact that I have lowered my prices on most products in the lineup to reflect the fact that I now have help and can move a larger volume (and need to). Hope you can ALL take advantage of this because I am not sure how long it will last.

SamL 3rd December 2009 11:33 PM

Hi Earl,

A few questions about the Abbey.
What is the shipping weight for a pair of kitset Abbey?
Is it possible to send just the front baffle, without the other panels? How much weight reduction do you think this will give?
BTW, is the sides, top and bottom panel now been rounded or builder have to round it themselves?
Well the new price is very tempting, try to work out the shipping cost which is the main killer.

Cheers,
Sam

gedlee 4th December 2009 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamL (Post 2000883)
Hi Earl,

A few questions about the Abbey.
What is the shipping weight for a pair of kitset Abbey?
Is it possible to send just the front baffle, without the other panels? How much weight reduction do you think this will give?
BTW, is the sides, top and bottom panel now been rounded or builder have to round it themselves?
Well the new price is very tempting, try to work out the shipping cost which is the main killer.

Cheers,
Sam

Hi Sam

Thanks for the inquiry.

Of course shipping is a problem, but that's out of my hands. I will cut out the "easy" enclosure parts to make and its not cost effective to ship the woofers, but I can send everything else at reasonable shipping cost, probably 250$ for a pair to Aus (but that's a guess). Still thats only a fraction of the kit cost. Shipping weight is then about 35 lbs each.

If you only get the baffle then you do have to round the corners yourself.

SamL 4th December 2009 03:52 AM

Yes.. shipping cost really make life difficult for everyone. With the plan of 'green house' tax, 'carbon trading' it will become worse.
The silver lining at the moment is the exchange rate and your sales :) which prompt me for another look.
Well, checking the USPS price for 2 x 35lb, it is US$401 using priority mail and US$473 using express mail.
New Zealand

ra7 4th December 2009 04:02 AM

Earl,
Are the prices on the website, the updated sale prices?

SamL 4th December 2009 04:56 AM

Oh yes! Is there any doco/post about integrating Abbey with a sub? Connection option, min frequency response required, type of crossover on sub etc. I am aware that you are selling your own sub but it is quite unlikely we from oversea will be getting them.

Thanks :)

gedlee 4th December 2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ra7 (Post 2001158)
Earl,
Are the prices on the website, the updated sale prices?

Yes

gedlee 4th December 2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamL (Post 2001179)
Oh yes! Is there any doco/post about integrating Abbey with a sub? Connection option, min frequency response required, type of crossover on sub etc. I am aware that you are selling your own sub but it is quite unlikely we from oversea will be getting them.

Thanks :)

No I haven't done that yet, but I see your point and I will.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:18 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2