• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Patent Allowed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wanted to post that the US Patent Office has allowed my patent on the use of foam in a waveguide. Some limitations were, of course, required, such as the volume of the filling, since Meyer showed the use of a small amount of foam filling, and the shape was a factor since Long had shown the use of foam for changing the directivity of a device, like a lens, but all of his applications used concave foam. So basically the use of foam that "substantially" fills the waveguide cavity (i.e. more than 50%) and has a concave shape at the mouth is covered. :)

I should post a small correction per a lawyer friend. The examiner has agreed to "allowable" material, but first it must be put into language that he agrees with before it can be "allowed". Also, I guess that the 50% restriction is not required. Even I am a little rough on the exact detailed language.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.