• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DIY Waveguide loudspeaker kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
gedlee said:

I believe that posting the design does allow anyone to use it without reagrd to its origin. Sending it along with the purchased product and noting that the material is copyrighted and cannot be distributed without permission means that only the original customer can make the designs because they cannot copy and distribute the plans.

What my current plans are and what they might be need not be the same thing and so it is best to keep my options open. Putting the designs in the public domain limits those options.

Again, posting the design online need not be equivalent to putting it in the public domain for purposes of copyright and licensing. See Creative Commons for examples and much more information. The Creative Commons licenses are the brainchild of Lawrence Lessig, currently one of the top copyright and intellectual property law professors.

MEH said:

Again, posting the design online need not be equivalent to putting it in the public domain for purposes of copyright and licensing. See Creative Commons for examples and much more information. The Creative Commons licenses are the brainchild of Lawrence Lessig, currently one of the top copyright and intellectual property law professors.

Thats very interesting thanks.

EU Driver Pricing.

Per/ Earl

Those prices are not the lowest Iv'e found for uk suppliers, I've found:

10PS26 - £85.23
DE250 (8Ohm) - £79.22

I'm still assuming the 16Ohm can be got as a special order at a similar price. The above includes VAT but not Delivery.

I spoke to the UK distributor for B&C and they would only quote list prices to me, very disappointing as they are only about 5 minutes from my house.

Earl,

have you considered trying to deal with one of the european distributors and arranging a lower rate? Maybe you could achieve a compromise as you wouldnt be taking their sales and they would be making money where they might not have if you provided an export?
I'm not trying to make work for you, this is just an idea i thought I'd throw into the wind.

Cheers

Nick.

Re: EU Driver Pricing.

Grumpy_Git said:
I'm still assuming the 16Ohm can be got as a special order at a similar price. The above includes VAT but not Delivery.

Earl,

have you considered trying to deal with one of the european distributors and arranging a lower rate? Maybe you could achieve a compromise as you wouldnt be taking their sales and they would be making money where they might not have if you provided an export?
I'm not trying to make work for you, this is just an idea i thought I'd throw into the wind.

Cheers

Nick.

I think working through B&C, which I am doing, is the right move.

tinitus said:
May I suggest that at least the 16ohm DE250 is delivered from Gedlee, as they wont add much to weight/volume ... I foresee some problems may occur getting the 16ohm version ... and prices may not be bargains as it seem to be special orders

I had not considered the 16 ohm to be and issue, but I can see that it is. I'll just change the design to the 8 ohm version - its no big deal.

Re: EU Driver Pricing.

Grumpy_Git said:
Per/ Earl

Those prices are not the lowest Iv'e found for uk suppliers, I've found:

10PS26 - �23
DE250 (8Ohm) - �22

I spoke to the UK distributor for B&C and they would only quote list prices to me, very disappointing as they are only about 5 minutes from my house.

Earl,

Cheers

Nick.

Hi Nick,

Which supplier are you talking about? The prices did not come out right, just question marks and 23, 22 in the text?

About a distributor: You just wrote what I was almost on my way writing in my last message to Earl. I thought I should leave the thinking to Earl, but good now you put the question in the air :)

//Per

Update on Nathans

I have now completely worked out the details on making the Nathan baffles and they are coming out quite well. I have made about a dozen baffles all with good consistancy and quality. There can sometimes be some small surface defects, but these can easily be filled in with bondo or some surfacing putty and sanded smooth. The Poly waveguides are really quite a nice improvement. I will start shipping the kits next week when I have caught up on some stand alone waveguide orders.

Michael Ando said:

If this means waveguides from Thailand thats great. If this means only complete built AI systems then I would rather buy parts from US and pay the freight. I wouldnt like to think that the availability of complete systems from AI in Thailand would exclude me from buying parts from the the US particularly as the Abbey + is my most likely prefered configuration. Mike A

gedlee said:

What came out of Thailand would be the same as what I sent from here, just different locations. There would be the same options for parts etc. The drivers will definately be more expensive so the complete kit would be more, but the waveguide and baffle would be the same price.

Am I reading this right? Nathan 10 kit and Abbey 12 kit is available from AI in Thailand. What about drivers? Is it available in Thailand as well. If it is, I am in.

WT said:
Am I reading this right? Nathan 10 kit and Abbey 12 kit is available from AI in Thailand. What about drivers? Is it available in Thailand as well. If it is, I am in.

The entire line of ESP products are available in Thailand through www.AI-audio.com. However they are not the kits that I sell here, although the designs are identical - only the cabinet construction is different. But Ai has not agreed to make the kits. You need to contact Kenny at kenny.jackel@ai-audio.com and ask him if he will make kits available to you. If there is only one buyer in thailand then this probably won't occur, but enough customers might interest him.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.