(I should never have brought it up!!)
Old 5th May 2008, 06:56 PM   #63
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gedlee

Totally agreed! Thanks
(I should never have brought it up!!)
Indeed! I hate to get this thread off course, but it's important to be aware of bad corporate citizens like them. They're not 'just' selling overpriced 'lifestyle' stuff, they're using trickery and unethical practices to do so.

So, back to the kit: Earl, is it accurate to say that you're pretty far along in this? You're taking orders already? If you're that far in, let's see some pictures of the baffles!
Old 5th May 2008, 08:12 PM   #64
diyAudio Member

Default Bose and this Killer Sounding Kit

As to Bose, they were actually saved from bankruptcy by entering into an OEM relationship with GM in the 80's. The story is most likely difficult to find online. I did a few quick searches and didn't find it.

The kit: It sounds very cool and I am very interested...what about subs? I'm guessing this is really a 2 piece system with the second piece yet to be announced. I like the idea of the smaller footprint as I don't think my spouse will approve of a 15" 2-way. "Not in my Living Room!"

C
Old 5th May 2008, 09:36 PM   #65
gedlee is offline gedlee  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Bose and this Killer Sounding Kit

Quote:
Originally posted by chrismercurio
As to Bose, they were actually saved from bankruptcy by entering into an OEM relationship with GM in the 80's. The story is most likely difficult to find online. I did a few quick searches and didn't find it.

The kit: It sounds very cool and I am very interested...what about subs? I'm guessing this is really a 2 piece system with the second piece yet to be announced. I like the idea of the smaller footprint as I don't think my spouse will approve of a 15" 2-way. "Not in my Living Room!"

C

Your story about Bose is correct (it was the late 70's), but enough about them.

I would not recommend the 10" without subs. Its not really full range. But subs are subs so I can't really be competitive in that product line. I may do some, I may not. Just go to Costco and buy some. Just make sure that you get at least three. Well maybe two, but most definately NOT just one!!
Old 5th May 2008, 09:42 PM   #66
gedlee is offline gedlee  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by badman

Indeed! I hate to get this thread off course, but it's important to be aware of bad corporate citizens like them. They're not 'just' selling overpriced 'lifestyle' stuff, they're using trickery and unethical practices to do so.

So, back to the kit: Earl, is it accurate to say that you're pretty far along in this? You're taking orders already? If you're that far in, let's see some pictures of the baffles!
I am taking orders and I have several, i.e. there is now a waiting list.

I will build the first non-prototype this week and I'll take pictures for the manual. I'll post them when I have them. The prototype just looks like the ESP10 (see www.ai-audio.com) The design is done and proved out. The baffle mold is done and being polished now. Its all in making the parts.

I'm calling it the Nathan - the baby of the family. He's, not 10 (he's 9), but you get the idea.
Old 5th May 2008, 10:35 PM   #67
dviswa is offline dviswa  United States
diyAudio Member

Dr. Geddes,
Came across this thread just now. The www.ai-audio.com web site, I am sorry to say is just plain stupid. It simply seems to be in a contiuous loop and no matter where I click, I cannot seem to get in. Please post details, pics included of the system you are proposing, so that we can see what we are getting.

Thanks,
Dinesh
Old 5th May 2008, 10:39 PM   #68
JoshK is offline JoshK  Canada
diyAudio Member

You need to click on "products" in the top right corner after clicking "enter" on the main page.
Old 5th May 2008, 10:42 PM   #69
JoshK is offline JoshK  Canada
diyAudio Member

http://www.ai-audio.com/products_esp10.html
Old 5th May 2008, 10:50 PM   #70
pooge is offline pooge  United States
diyAudio Member

That web site has a fixed spacing. It doesn't automatically conform to your browzer window. You have to scroll to the right to get to the menu with "Products" in it. Otherwise, you'd never see it and know it's there.

Hide this!Advertise here!