DIY Waveguide loudspeaker kit - Page 55 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > GedLee

GedLee Home of the renown Geddes Loudspeakers

Old 6th July 2008, 08:27 PM   #541
FrankWW is offline FrankWW  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gedlee

Well its not actually. But the part that I don't understand is why the prices in EU are so high.
Higher taxes and anti-competitive regulation make business costs higher over there.
Old 6th July 2008, 08:58 PM   #542
MEH is offline MEH  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gedlee

I believe that posting the design does allow anyone to use it without reagrd to its origin. Sending it along with the purchased product and noting that the material is copyrighted and cannot be distributed without permission means that only the original customer can make the designs because they cannot copy and distribute the plans.

What my current plans are and what they might be need not be the same thing and so it is best to keep my options open. Putting the designs in the public domain limits those options.
Again, posting the design online need not be equivalent to putting it in the public domain for purposes of copyright and licensing. See Creative Commons for examples and much more information. The Creative Commons licenses are the brainchild of Lawrence Lessig, currently one of the top copyright and intellectual property law professors.
Old 6th July 2008, 09:50 PM   #543
gedlee is online now gedlee  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MEH

Again, posting the design online need not be equivalent to putting it in the public domain for purposes of copyright and licensing. See Creative Commons for examples and much more information. The Creative Commons licenses are the brainchild of Lawrence Lessig, currently one of the top copyright and intellectual property law professors.

Thats very interesting thanks.
Old 6th July 2008, 09:52 PM   #544
diyAudio Member

Earl,

It is possible that interest in your bandpass subs would extend beyond the Summa/GedLee kit community.

Would it be practical for you to sell a set of bandpass subwoofer plans (including protective language), and deliver those plans by e-mail?

Duke
Old 6th July 2008, 10:47 PM   #545
amiklos is offline amiklos  United States
diyAudio Member

Count me among those who is extremely interested in having plans for subwoofers included with our kits. I've been scouring sub designs for weeks looking for an ideal set of three subwoofers to go with the Nathan 10s.
Old 6th July 2008, 11:03 PM   #546
diyAudio Member

Earl,

For some reason I have been slow to find this thread. I am glad that I did! Please mark me as interested in a pair of your 15 inch variant of your waveguide, drivers & crossover kit. I am really glad to hear that you are thinking of offering them.
Old 7th July 2008, 01:57 AM   #547
gedlee is online now gedlee  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by audiokinesis
Earl,

It is possible that interest in your bandpass subs would extend beyond the Summa/GedLee kit community.

Would it be practical for you to sell a set of bandpass subwoofer plans (including protective language), and deliver those plans by e-mail?

Duke
I suppose this is possible. I'll have to think about it.
Old 7th July 2008, 03:25 AM   #548
diyAudio Member

DIYCABLE.com has some killer deals on drivers this weekend.

http://www.diycable.com/main/default...5642a39b3c37af

They obviously aren't efficient, but are still quite capable IMO.
Old 7th July 2008, 11:17 AM   #549
diyAudio Member

Default EU Driver Pricing.

Per/ Earl

Those prices are not the lowest Iv'e found for uk suppliers, I've found:

10PS26 - 85.23
DE250 (8Ohm) - 79.22

I'm still assuming the 16Ohm can be got as a special order at a similar price. The above includes VAT but not Delivery.

I spoke to the UK distributor for B&C and they would only quote list prices to me, very disappointing as they are only about 5 minutes from my house.

Earl,

have you considered trying to deal with one of the european distributors and arranging a lower rate? Maybe you could achieve a compromise as you wouldnt be taking their sales and they would be making money where they might not have if you provided an export?
I'm not trying to make work for you, this is just an idea i thought I'd throw into the wind.

Cheers

Nick.
Old 7th July 2008, 11:36 AM   #550
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

May I suggest that at least the 16ohm DE250 is delivered from Gedlee, as they wont add much to weight/volume ... I foresee some problems may occur getting the 16ohm version ... and prices may not be bargains as it seem to be special orders

Hide this!Advertise here!