Full-range for dummies...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
peterbrorsson said:
Hi Francesco!
If you build a smaller (cheaper) BIB as an experiment and play some of GF's favorite music I think she will tolerate bigger ones.
That worked out for me.

"I think she will tolerate bigger ones!" Taken out of context, hmm sounds funny:devilr:

Cheers
Peter

Be careful not to inadvertently adapt them to "bigger ones" - the tolerance may soon turn to preference, and statistically few of us can measure up.

Scottmoose said:
:D

An alternative for the rear of the 208 cabinet is to simply double the back panel. That's what my friend Simon did, and it works a treat. As Pit said, the 206 won't need additional tweeters, although it will benefit from a pair of Dave's phase plugs.

The back panel seems more simple with just one big panel instead of the three vertical ones.

I have a little problem: I don't understand where the panel n°32 goes... on the far right side of the pdf it is shown as "TERMINAL (#32)" and it seems to have two holes, but I can't find its placement on the three big views.

The "#6 + #21 DETAILS" scheme was a little hard to understand, but I got it :D

It's funny to decrypt this scheme :D

PS: I've seen the phase-plugs installation guide... it's scary! :bigeyes:

Ciao Francesco,

#1 - where in Italy is Merate, which, of course, means " tell us about the cooking in your region" ?

#2 - Part# 32 is nonsense. It just shows where to drill holes for the terminals - provided you use the same terminals Fostex used for their prototype. Not a bad idea to use that kind, though - the gigantic plastic "bathtubs" are expensive and can resonate like mad.

Cheers,
Pit

Pit Hinder said:
Ciao Francesco,

#1 - where in Italy is Merate, which, of course, means " tell us about the cooking in your region" ?

#2 - Part# 32 is nonsense. It just shows where to drill holes for the terminals - provided you use the same terminals Fostex used for their prototype. Not a bad idea to use that kind, though - the gigantic plastic "bathtubs" are expensive and can resonate like mad.

Cheers,
Pit

1)
1524.gif
Merate is in the northern part of Italy, near Monza... which you may know for the F1 Grand Prix. The cooking is good, but in my girlfriend's regon is far better: she lives near Bologna and Modena (and near Ferrari headquarters and factory :bigeyes: )... and the cooking is a real joy!

2) This is a good thing, as I was not able at all to understand the placement of the #32 :D

Ciao!
Francesco

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Francesco said:
What else? Oh, my girlfriend fell in love with the yellow finish of some HI-VI drives, and from this point of view I'd like some modern-looking drives, since they will stand in the living room...

Fostex cones can be made yellow as part of the modification process... so far i've only done black, blue, and a bronzy colour...

dave

wixy said:
Francesco, thought you might be interested in a pic of the 208esigma cabinet, that I am currently building for fe206e's based on scottmoose's and other's recommendation.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

would very much like know your opinion on the sound, and also picture of the finished product...

gychang

gychang said:

would very much like know your opinion on the sound, and also picture of the finished product...

gychang

Me too. I've loved the look of those cabinets since the first time i saw them.
Unfortunaltely i'm not a woodworker, so it seems i have to "outsource" the wood-job, but i have a feeling, that they are worth the expence.

Really nice job wixy :)

best regards
Ebbe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.