Help! Speaker design advise needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I’m new to this forum and indeed to Horns. I have been using a pair of Tannoy SRM 10b’s in rebuilt cabinets with reworked crossovers.

I have recently bought a Glasshouse 300b set amp which I absolutely love. The Tannoys sound amazing when I turn up the volume. Herein lies my problem, I am looking for something that will play well at low levels (young daughter).

I don’t mind tall, if its narrow or wider if its not too deep – will have to work either side of a large bay window in a room that’s about 16ft x 14ft. Ideally I’d like bass to about 40hz if possible.

So far Scottmoose has given me some excellent help and I am quite taken by the BVR’s with possibly a pair of 168 e sigmas (Is this the best driver?).

I’m going a bit mad with all the different options available and could really do with some help.

My skills are on the woodworking side and not electronics etc. any advice is much appreciated

Thanks philip

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.