Help! Speaker design advise needed - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th March 2007, 11:58 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Help! Speaker design advise needed

Hi everyone,

Iím new to this forum and indeed to Horns. I have been using a pair of Tannoy SRM 10bís in rebuilt cabinets with reworked crossovers.

I have recently bought a Glasshouse 300b set amp which I absolutely love. The Tannoys sound amazing when I turn up the volume. Herein lies my problem, I am looking for something that will play well at low levels (young daughter).

I donít mind tall, if its narrow or wider if its not too deep Ė will have to work either side of a large bay window in a room thatís about 16ft x 14ft. Ideally Iíd like bass to about 40hz if possible.

So far Scottmoose has given me some excellent help and I am quite taken by the BVRís with possibly a pair of 168 e sigmas (Is this the best driver?).

Iím going a bit mad with all the different options available and could really do with some help.

My skills are on the woodworking side and not electronics etc. any advice is much appreciated

Thanks philip

Hide this!Advertise here!