Master plan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Fi Plan Post #1
Hello, this is my first thread and will hopefully be the first of many for my master plan.

I want a 'banging' hi fi system on a low budget. I can get the speaker drivers on the cheap, but i need to know the boxes that I will need to make and advice on a amplifier.

I can get speakers of which are one 12" all round woofer, 200w rms at 8 ohm with the frequency response of 23hz to 5khz

2 mid range at 5.25" round, 50w rms at 8 ohm with the frequency response of 300hz to 8khz

4 tweeters at 4" round, 40w rms at 8 ohm with the frequency response of 2khz to 20khz

The boxes will be made out of MDF, the cheapest availiable, and there will be one subwoofer box that need the 12" hole, two midrange and tweeter boxes that need the 5.25" hole and the 4" hole, the necessary distance apart and finally two tweeter boxes with a 4" hole. the tweeter boxes will be in the same sort of style as a small surround sound like bose.

the amplifyer needs to be under £120 gbp and doesnt have to have too many channels as i am not too worried about surround sound, so if all the tweeters are playing the same so be it, allthough i would prefer it if the were into 2.1 surround.

Back to the boxes. I am completely unaware of what size it should be so if you have any plans that worked well for you it would be appreciated greatly if you could help and finally I do not have any of the neccersary cables and etc, because I am not sure if the speakers come with all of that, so any advice on that would be greatly appriciated.

Many thanks
Billy

Billy, this is the Full Range - you're not likely to get a lot of great advice on design building a "banging" multi-way speaker here.

Try the general loudspeaker section.

but if you can wrap your head around the idea of playing with a single driver per channel, this is the place

>>> one 12" all round woofer, 200w rms at 8 ohm with the frequency response of 23hz to 5khz

>>> 2 mid range at 5.25" round, 50w rms at 8 ohm with the frequency response of 300hz to 8khz

>>> 4 tweeters at 4" round, 40w rms at 8 ohm with the frequency response of 2khz to 20khz

http://www.partsexpress.com/projectshowcase/goldenboys/index.html

Maybe this article can help somehow?

Godzilla

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.