Not quite Speakers...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well I suppose they are tiny full range speakers.
but as some of you might know I came from Headphones, the expensive kind
I haev been making wooden cups for Grado headphones for a whileas well as headphone stands
I just though I might share some of the pics.

blackgrills.jpg

DSCF0169-1.jpg

DSCF0131.jpg

DSCF0024-1.jpg

DSCF0016-1.jpg

DSCF0300.jpg

DSCF0217.jpg

[note: Im not trying to drum up buisness, just showing some DIY that I am proud of]

Very nice looking? What model(s) are you using with your DIY cups? My standard issue cans are SR-80s. Would modding them with wood cups really be much of an upgrade? I'm sure it would cost a pretty penny to do (as I wouldn't actually be able to "do it myself"), so I'm wondering if that would be a better bang for buck or just spending the cash on a new pair of RS-2s.

Kensai

Personally, I look at it as a cosmetic upgrade. I sell them for 60 bucks, installed or install your self, and they might make a diff in the sound. Personally on Ms-1s I find that it takes away alittle bass boom and brings out alittle better vocals. But for saftys sae I just say its a cosmetic upgrade.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.