Parameters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm not sure I've filled out the parameters for a driver correctly in WinISD :confused: . It's hard to tell some of them so they are my best guesses. I don't think it's at all right though as it's coming out with 33007L vented boxes :eek:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Media/PDFs/L67aw.pdf

I know it's not proper full range or very good generally but I just wanted to try making the "correct" enclosure; it'll just be used as my test speaker

:)

Attachments

• 3 inch driver parameters.gif
    3 inch driver parameters.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 93
Hmm, what to change it for? I can only get the Units L, m^3, inch^3 and ft^3, not anything squared. Any way to calculate it?

Other than that I think this is correct (I adjusted the units now I actually read how to do it :eek: )

Also, any idea if these drivers are still the Audax ones? They always used to be but nowhere does it mention it. If they are it may already be in WinIsd's database.

Attachments

• maplin 3 inch driver param updated.gif
    maplin 3 inch driver param updated.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 76
I suspect the real Vas is 0.83347 litres.

Be aware that the very high Qts means this drive unit may be intended for open baffle use such as ceiling mount or in open backed boxes. It cannot be used in a vented box.

As it's just a test speaker just stick it in any small box you can find. If you want a semi-accurate test speaker you can do a lot better at not much more cost.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.