Supravox OB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
InclinedPlane said:
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1177123169

Anyone care to speculate how the low Q bass driver in this fullrange design manages to provide bass? Especially at 30hz? I didn't see any specific description about how these are driven. If they are meant to be triamplified, then OK. If not, I'm wondering about that low Q OB bass driver...

According to the Supravox homepage the Qts of the 400-2000-EXC can be dialed in from 0.195 to 1.011. I would not call that "low Q".

Oh, no problem. I would REALLY like to buy a pair of these, but can't seem to locate the giant wad of cash I had...

I'm starting to believe that OB systems with fullrange drivers are my simplest path to audio enlightenment, but prices can be high. When compared to 'conventional' systems like Wilson I think an OB like the one in this ad is a bargain for 5K if it is as virtuous as described.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.