I bought a house! Time to build!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As the title says, I have bought a house. Now its time to build and experiment. I have been drawn to the idea of a single fullrange speaker because it seems simplistic the way I like to be and like to build.

But I have to figure out what would be good in my house and be able to play the music I like. My living room is where I will put these speakers. I believe the room is 18'x20' or something around there.

Here are two ideas I have floating around in my head from all that I have read on this here fine forum:

1) Get a Visaton B200 and run it open baffle down to 70 Hz and throw a few 15" woofers into a dipole woofer run 70 Hz down.

2) Get a FE166E and throw it into a BIB.

I can push the BIB up against the back wall, but not corner load them.

The kind of music I listen to often is this: Metallica, Dragon Force, Avenged Sevenfold, Slayer, NOFX, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Tilt, and a few others like Sublime, The Slackers, and The Black Keys.

So what I am asking for is comments from anybody that has built or heard these speakers with these types of music. (or at least some encouragement)

Thank you for your time.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Whatever makes you think you have the time or money to indulge in loudspeakers any longer? In buying a house, you have gained the opportunity to learn all about things like roof felt, fink trusses, tongue and grooved flooring, etc, etc. I assure you that you won't have time for loudspeakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.