FE127E Vs FX120 in DBR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, not been on here for a while, been looking for some cheapish speakers to have at home while i have my Tannoy's at uni.
found that wilmslow audio do flat-pack cabinets for the fostex range including the FE127E Double Bass Reflex enclosure for £100.

now i read somewhere that this could be used for the FX120 aswell as a direct drop in replacment, now my question, is...

although i know its a personal preference, and that they do some things differentley, (and that the FX120 is twice the price of the FE127E), which should i go for?

they will be in a small roughly 10ftish square room, with a smallish amp, mabye even a T-Amp, wont need to go loud.

Music prefernce, Classic Rock, Easy Listening, Indie, Folk Rock.

Go for the FX120's if cost isn't an issue, they don't have that nasty 7kHz peek that the 127's have. Put them in the DBR boxes, or build BR/MLTL's for them.
As much as I love my FE127 Mini-Onkens, I wish I had a pair of FX120's to try. Using PP EL34 to drive them BTW.;)

Jeff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.