Fostex FE166 BLH admiration

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fostex FE166 BLH Adimiration

I just wanted to share, I realy have been playing around with HiFi over the last year, being an audiophile my whole life, ABout a year ago I realy started picking new systems to try. (planners, horns,BR,IB - SS , Tubes)
I came a across this simple Idea to build a system around a fostex FE166 and realy find it to be one of my all time favorate system,SO pure, simple and enjoyable. I built the fostex recomended BLH cabinet found a Fi X 2a3 amp and a bottlehead foreplay III. It's magic. I just finished putting together another system -Klipsch Lascala's with a mint Dynaco ST70 and my main (Audiophile consisdered system) Magnepan's with Oddesey Mono amps.
When I turn on my fostex system I just melt. I cant explain it but the sound is so inviting, toe tapping close your eyes and feel the music..
I keep saying I have to get rid of some of my stuff and cant believe I'm going to sell my High end (Expensive) and keep this system...
Anyone considering these type of drivers, should go for it.

Attachments

• posaune_innen2_klein linberg.jpg
    posaune_innen2_klein linberg.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 369
fin1bxn. I made some Fostex BLH (208 cabinet) with the 206E driver. I use them with a modded Sonic Impact. The result is magical. Music, Music,Music. If you turn it up it just gets better, more involving, visceral and it's as though you are looking right into the mix.

It's taken 40 years to build a system where the speakers cost £450 ($900) and the Amp £50 ($25). I have probably wasted a whole bunch of money in that time ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.