Model 1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, so, I decided to post an image of my design. I have worked for months and months to get to this point. Horn theory, horn theory, horn theory. From King to JBL to Voight to Paul Klipsch to Gustavas, I have tried to research and learn the entire field. I am by no means fully knowledgable yet but I am getting there. Thinking of going back and getting my Doctorate in acoustics now. (That will go over well with my boss as I am a professor of art and theory here in Washington D.C.). After the last year and 15 sets of speakers, here is the beginning for me.

Attachments

• horn.jpg
    horn.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 957
gychang said:

details of the speakers please. gychang

Audio Nirvana Super 8's
37 Hz BLH (I get around 34 against the wall, 23 in corners)
They will literally shake the entire house with Bach's Fugues.
The response is amazingly flat for a horn. After running these drivers in, they became amazingly musical. After hearing them in these enclosures, I believe they beat out any fostex I have heard. (purely subjective of course) The next itteration will probably be for AERs or Lowthers. The time it takes to develop a speaker! Hopefully I will be showing a viable saleable unit within six months.

Tom

Any chance of sharing???

Hi there,

I currently have some AN super 8s in reflex boxes. I was wondering whether your design might be something I could upgrade to as I would really like to improve the sound from these drivers.

BTW, how long do you think they need before being fully run in?

cheers

Peter

Re: Any chance of sharing???

klykx said:
Hi there,

I currently have some AN super 8s in reflex boxes. I was wondering whether your design might be something I could upgrade to as I would really like to improve the sound from these drivers.

BTW, how long do you think they need before being fully run in?

cheers

Peter

For now, I am not going to release plans to them. As this is a stepping stone to a commercial product. Sorry :) As the designs go on though, I will have a public domain design before long. Hang in there. Realistically, to run in these drivers took around 150 - 200 hours. Though they are good to begin with, stick with them, they improve immensly!

Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.