Goodmans 200C 12inch fullrange speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got a pair of Goodmans Twinax 220cs which, IIRC from a recent ebay auction, look exactly like the 200c.

I finally got around to measuring them recently:

Driver A:
Fs 32.3 Hz
Re 12.2 Ohm
Qms 13.33
Qes 1.02
Qts 0.945

Driver B:
Fs 31.7 Hz
Re 12.6 Ohm
Qms 11.27
Qes 1.01
Qts 0.927

Not bad for consistency. Fs matched within .5 Hz, Qt within 2%.

I started trying to calculate Vas with added mass, but was getting inconsistent results. Given the high Qt of these, I'll be using them on open or U baffles, so Vas is moot anyhow.

Max

Hi nkg

I still own a pair that I bought many years ago - my first real speakers. I also own Goodmans 12 base units, 8" units and mid and treble horns.

The 12" base and full range units were originally designed to be used in large cabinets with a restricted vent. The cabinet size was approx 1.3m high 0.6 m wide and 0.4m deep. The vent was approx 30cm by 20cm and covered in fine loose felt held on a metal mesh. The instructions did say that the vent could be partly uncovered or additional covering added depending on the room. If the cabinet is rigid they produce truly great base and go very low. I only stopped using then due to the growing frequency of requests for a smaller speaker - they do sort of dominate the room. I eventually built corner brick enclosures in my last house and that really worked!

I think I also have the crossover frequency information if you want that.

Hope that helps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.