in need of speakers project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't know where to buy wood in Austria - but if things over there are like they are in Pimpfenland, Bauhaus and that kind of shops
a) only cut rectangular, and
b) don't like crazy angles

@Pit Hinder
well that's some kinda problem, as they only offer mdf 16mm+, and i think fostex usually needs 15mm thick mdf. so i gotta recalculate the volume of the box.
is it better in germany? do they offer 15mm thick mdf? if so i could drive to munich and get some there as it isnt that far, and sell the trip to my girlfriend as a nice one day vacation and to go shopping =]

@Scottmose
looking forward to your plots

greets

Right, that's a problem. MDF and chipboard are sold in 13 16 19 22mm while Multiplex is in 9 or 18. And Munich is known to be not the cheapest place in Germany - take care there. Look into the yellow pages of your phone book and choose a market that is a bit farther away from the boutiques and neon lights. Prices here in Hannover vary within a range of 2:1, so it's worth looking and comparing. Remember your girlfriend might like a nice dinner and not the cheapest noisiest Bierhalle and save your money for that.

Hi Pit and Shanavar!

Bauhaus here in Berlin sell 15mm Baltic birch multiplex. Also 12mm 18mm and 21mm. Darned expensive though....holy moly! 21mm = 40 euro square metre! 18mm = 35 Euro.

If you give the guys cutting it, something special say 10 euro...they'll do measurements really exact!

Cheers Stroop

i just read nelson's review of speakers and current source and it made me thinking of the fe166e as it should have little more highs as the 208, though little less efficiency. now the question :) : can i use these in the 168es box? (as i think like scott that this is the much more prettier one =]) , and maybe superior too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.