speaker project update

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I ordered two pair of the css wrs125s drivers. Originally I was going to
build one of the readily available enclosures, but then decided to try my own first, knowing i could always try the other designs later. I built a pair of these cabinets for them
http://vicdiy.com/products/spkr06/spkr06.html

made the port at the bottom rear and put a shelf about a quarter of the way from the bottom with two smallish(2") holes in them. Sort of a bandpass idea i guess:xeye:
I stuffed the top portion of the speakers with pillow stuffing like you would with a mltl design.

I am running them through a samsung ht reciever with the lower drivers conected to the subwoofer output and the top drivers running from the right/left channels.
They have no crossover other than a cap for the tweeters.

All I can say is WOW:D

The amount of bass that a pair of these little drivers can produce is unbelievable. The speakers are fairly close to the walls so this re-enforces it a bit but i am totally shocked by them.

NO they wont give the kind of bass you,d get from an 18 sub. I'd say they are on par with a good 8" driver. Bass guitar sounds incredible.

I have no way to measure them unfortunately so i will be the first to admit there is room for improvement but I have heard a lot of high dollar speakers over the years and these will already put a lot of them to shame.

I can hardly wait to get my aleph 30 finished and do some more experimenting with them

I will try to get some pics soon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.