hornlautsprecher.de

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just a positive critizism on your Resonanztheorie dear peoples from hornlautsprecher.de

Your description is kind of misleading. Reading it, you can think this is scientific material, but digging deeper, one realizes its completely fictional. My main problem is....

-> if you can not measure it,
it just relies upon the -subjective- hearing abilities of the constructor. If you want to be scientific, just as the article implies through its form, then you can not use this kind of not verifiable statements. A statement that cant be verified by independent people isnt a statement at all, its just poetry or play with words.

As the definition of the word theory includes this possibility of verification, naming your project Resonanztheorie is misleading.

Perhaps, to avoid that people who dont read as exact as others are mislead into the belief that your project resembles a significant approach and not just your personal sound preferences, you should say more clearly, that you cant proofe it in any other way than with subjective statements about your own taste in sound reproduction.

I hope i could be helpfull, since it is obvious that you have put a lot of effort into this.

If I could add something? It's a suggestion, not a criticism, but it might boost the number of hits your site recieves, and make it more useful for a lot of other people too.

Your text for all separate sections is buried in the code, so it's not possible to use, say, Google's translate feature on anything apart from the first page.

Normally, this isn't an insurmountable problem, because one would simply copy & paste interesting pieces of text into a word-processor or similar for translation that way. Problem is here, you've locked it all up as being copywrite to yourselves. Fair enough, it's your right to do so, and I'm not arguing with that. But it severely restricts the usefulness of your site for a large number of people who's German isn't up to translating this kind of material. In my view, and I stress this is just my view, this is taking things a little too far. I can't recall anyone else at all who does this. A copywrite notation at the bottom of the page (or wherever) is usually sufficient. As I know it's difficult to find the time etc. to do an English translation, couldn't you at least unlock this particular feature? I was actually going to suggest this before, when the site was originally live, but before I could do so, you took it down for a few months.

Regards
Scott

Hi Mavo,

I know that it sounds unbelievable and I know that a lot dont believe that it works. But as lang as you dont have tried it out we will not find a basis to discuss. There are parameters that you can not measure.

please dont take it personal, it is not against you.

regards Till

Hi scottmoose,

I am working onm an english version. so that you can understand what I am trieing to say.

greetings Till

Hi Till,

I just started cutting the wood for the Replikon. The drawing you provided is excellent but there is one thing missing: The placement of the driver.
Should the driver be mounted in the center? Or slightly off-center? I would like to minimize the edge diffractions and I came up with two options:
1. Mount the driver off-center
2. Add some extra wood to the outside of the cabinet to make the shape asymmetrical.

Option two has the advantage that the extra wood can be used to create rounded edges. What's your opinon on this?

Next question: Would it not be better to flush-mount the driver (countersunk)?

And then: Tuning the rear chamber volume. What is the typical adjustment range? I ask this because I had the following idea: If I place a large waterbag (i.e. infusion bag) in the rear chamber and connect it to a similar bag outside the cabinet I can adjust the volume easily by raising or lowering the bag on the outside. In this manner it would be possible to slowly decrease to volume of the rear chamber and listen to what it does.
After the optimum volume is determined, the bag will be replaced by an equal volume of wood.

Finally: The throat of the horn starts with some sharp edges. I suspect that the dimensions at this point are critical. Would it be a good idea to slightly round of the edges or is this out of the question?

I would very much appreciate your thoughts on this.

Gerrit Boers said:
Hi Till,

I just started cutting the wood for the Replikon. The drawing you provided is excellent but there is one thing missing: The placement of the driver.
Should the driver be mounted in the center? Or slightly off-center? I would like to minimize the edge diffractions and I came up with two options:
1. Mount the driver off-center
2. Add some extra wood to the outside of the cabinet to make the shape asymmetrical.

Option two has the advantage that the extra wood can be used to create rounded edges. What's your opinon on this?

Next question: Would it not be better to flush-mount the driver (countersunk)?

And then: Tuning the rear chamber volume. What is the typical adjustment range? I ask this because I had the following idea: If I place a large waterbag (i.e. infusion bag) in the rear chamber and connect it to a similar bag outside the cabinet I can adjust the volume easily by raising or lowering the bag on the outside. In this manner it would be possible to slowly decrease to volume of the rear chamber and listen to what it does.
After the optimum volume is determined, the bag will be replaced by an equal volume of wood.

Finally: The throat of the horn starts with some sharp edges. I suspect that the dimensions at this point are critical. Would it be a good idea to slightly round of the edges or is this out of the question?

I would very much appreciate your thoughts on this.

Hi Gerrit,

the position of the driver is free. I don’t think that there will be a disadvantage when the driver is not in the centre. I personally like it better from the design.
Additional woodwork on the side is good. Our plans are the required minimum.
And yes it would be good to round the edge at the throat.

Hope to see a lot of pictures for our gallery. Have you got my eMail?

regards Till

Mikael Abdellah said:
I don't know what software you have used to create the page but it does not look good in Firefox under Linux.

But i must say that the speakers you have built looks really amazing. I especially like the surround system for Uwe that you mentioned. Truly a work of art.

Hi Mikael,

We have designed the page for internet explorer. But thanx for your remark. We will try to fix the page for firefox too.

Regards Till

OzMikeH said:
I am using Firefox 2.0.0.5 under Windows 2000. It looks fine to me but I cannot click on the pictures in the gallery to see the big pictures, I can only see thumbnails.

Hi Mike,

I have never tried firefox but we will try to fix it.

Best regards Till

Roemhild said:
We have designed the page for internet explorer. But thanx for your remark. We will try to fix the page for firefox too.

Greets!

FYI, I tried it in IE, but it didn't even work as well as it does in FF. There's only the introduction page with no hot links, only rows of numbers where the scroll bar should be:

1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 1, 12, 1, 3, 2, 1, 9, 21, 5, 2, 2, 6, 1, 1, 1

GM

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
it's good for me with FF 2.0.0.5 ;

anyway- some links aren't functional...... some thumbnails aren't working....

Attachments

• de.jpg
    de.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 452
Hi @ll,

thx for your replies. We will work on this problem an hope to find a way to use this side with firefox.

I have had the problem with the numbers too. Than i allowed the coocies and popups for this side. Than it worked

@ Gerrit,

Hope u dont mind when we use vour pictures on our side.

best regards Till

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.