FE 206 ESR mid high ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I'm wondering what can be the crossover frequencies and the enclosures for my fe206esr in my new project.

There will be

a fostex CSW25 (25cm carbon membran woofer) in 40liters@35Hz for the low frequencies with a AURA VA50 solid state amp

a fostex Fe206esr

a Yamaha JA4281B bullet tweeter (this one's very very very good!)

the fostex and the yam will be with a 2a3 SET.

So what can I do for the fostex ? sealed ? Open baffle ? front-horn ? ...

Which cutoff frequency with the CSW25 ? 200Hz ? 400Hz ?

PS : this speaker will be a bookshelf, It can't be bigger than 40cm depth, 70cm wide and tall. I guess the rear wall is a bad point for the open baffle ...

Best regards to all !

Do you have all the proposed drivers in store, or do you need to order them?

Fountek ribbons are also said to sound great on set amps, and the specs (efficiency and resonant freq!) are very very very good...

Maybe a two way with the woofers?

Don't know these 25cm Fostex woofers, can't find much info. What is the frequency range, do you know?

Cheers!
:cheers:

Hello,

I have all the drivers.

I know the founteks and the fostex horn tweeters and I love those, but I still prefer the yamahas, softer than the fostexs and more dynamic than the ribbons to my ears.

The 10" carbon woofers are pretty beautiful ones

here is the only info I found about those :

Typ fs (Hz) Qts Vas (l) d (cm) SPL Pmax (W) Preis (Euro)
CSW25 32 0,30 111 23,4 - 200 240

they are no longer made.

they seem to go to 35-40 Hz in 40L@35Hz

If you think I will have better bass with the fe206esr in a backloaded horn, I will go for those.

Can anybody help me designing one with those dimensions :

40 * 70 * 120 cm

or is it too small ?

thanks again

well 40cm * 70cm * 120cm isn't the usual bookshelf size ;) It can be a pretty big backloaded horn !
If not I will go for a 70*70cm front horn with 200Hz cutoff

and I already have the 206esr and no money to buy other speakers, and I don't want to sell them because I love them !

hello,

just found this big guy :

http://www.rahaso.de/foren/thread.php?f=audiotreff_hoerner&idx=10439&

40cm depth
90cm tall
50cm wide

What do you think of those speakers put on their side in my bookshelf ?

It will give 50cm tall 90cm wide ... all good no ?

I can also make them bigger to fit in the bookshelf. let's say 90*70cm

I will keep the back chamber volume of the fostex fe206esr backhorn (I guess it's around 10 liters) and modify this enclosure.

What do you think of this ?

The other way is to forget about the backhorn and to put the 206esr in a small midrange sealed box ... but that's ... not the right way to use them at their best I guess.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.