What's the deal with the circular disc's.........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's one of the shapes that gives the smoothest baffle step = least ripple, a globe being optimal. There's a page with several forms of baffles + measured/predicted baffle step ripple, I think by Harry Olson. It's online on several sites/forums but I can't seem to find it right now - maybe someone elso could throw in a link.

Simon

Thanks Simon, I'll investigate. :)

I wonder if you used one on the front of a BIB let's say, if any adjustment would be needed to the enclosure to accommodate the fact that you've both changed the drivers relationship with the interior of the cabinet, and have also put it into something of a tunnel?

Rick

In that link that Scott provided is a pic of my fe108ez BIB next to the Frugalhorn. I used a round baffle on it and although it's just plain and flat compared to TC's amazing work, the BIB still sounds really good. I needed something anyway because the driver needed more depth to clear the internal divider etc and thats my crappy copy from being inspired by what TC did. Dave:)

Yep the black ones. I used to have early 90's 2 way floor standing Missions. The bass of the BIB's is really good and actually quite impressive considering the size of my drivers. Most of all I love the quality and realism of the bass from the BIB enclosure compared to the old Mission's ported cab's. Dave:)

A supra baffle is akin to a FLH with no gain or collimation effect.
Just think of it as a reverse FLH or wave guide.
There is an IB/OB effect at a given frequency in horns when the loading from the CC and horn path roll off the loading.
All the supra baffle does is pick up the response as the upper horn action rolls off. I tend to look at it as an OB action with no rear wave to deal with.
I believe a combo IB/OB for a higher Qts driver would be a good approach as there would be no rear wave to deal with but there would be a very large enclosure of at least 4 x Vas minimum.
ron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.