I think I've made my choice...But have a question - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th December 2006, 01:10 AM   #1
kendt is offline kendt  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default I think I've made my choice...But have a question

Ok after looking at most of the more common designs and weighing the advice received I think i'm going to go with the sigma208 enclosure with the 206 drivers.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a place to view some pics of the building process. Some of the drawing's details are a bit puzzling to me at this point.

Also if anyone can recommend any driver mods i should be doing that would also be a great help

Thanks
Old 30th December 2006, 09:38 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Here the site of Simon, a friend of mine, who build the 208ESigma cabinet. Not the same cabinet, but his most excellent photographs should give you a good idea of how to proceed / what the process will resemble. http://www.atrj13.dsl.pipex.com/na-f..._rear_horn.htm

Re driver modifications, point your mouse toward www.planet10-hifi.com, and order a set of Dave's phase plugs for them. The difference is not subtle (& is measurable I hasten to add -no voodoo here!)

Another mod is to damp the basket and magnet with ductseal or similar, and / or glue a large piece of felt or similar to the rear of the magnet. There are other modifications you can do too, but those should do to be going on with...
Old 30th December 2006, 01:18 PM   #3
kendt is offline kendt  Canada
diyAudio Member

Thanks those photos help a lot

Looks like a mountain of cutting ahead of me now.
Old 30th December 2006, 01:26 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

It's worth it. Promise.
Old 1st January 2007, 12:58 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

> Looks like a mountain of cutting ahead of me now.

Do yourself a pleasure and find a good wood shop (worth searching for) that can precisely cut the wood or mdf for you. Then all panels will certainly fit perfectly and you gain a lot of time.

Hide this!Advertise here!