2 fullrangers > no crossover?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi nureintier,
I've never have tried it, and i¨m no expert but i suspect it is asking for trouble, at least putting them in the same front baflle.I don't like it.
I think its much better to use one with good or acceptable bass extension and then add a tweeter with a cap to help.
just a thought, if you decide to do it anyway, I would place the big one at the back and the little one at the front baffle.
good luck

hernan

What happens if you combine two fullrangers?

One of the older Lowther cabinet designs used two drivers in the same box. I could be wrong but I believe it was called the Audio Vector or something like that. I know it wasn't intended for the DX or EX series. It shouldn't be hard to find it on the British Lowther site. I know it was there fairly recently.

Rick

If I get of this chair and start sawing I'll be able to contribute a little... :xeye:

On the menu is a combination of two wide-range speakers from table-top radio's; 30*20cm Isophons paired with 20*15cm Saba's. The plan is to counter the Saba's hot midrange (subjectively, there are no sharp break-up peaks, only a slight lift) not by trying to tame it but to augment the region below, say 100-1000hz by running the Isophons with a single order low-pass at about 500hz. The Saba's just run along with it, fullrange. Test setup (and final if the result is worth anything) will be an open baffle. If it works well the principle (basically the same as what Thorsten does in his magnificats) should apply equally to similar combo's.

Simon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.