pics of my fostex fe126e cabinets for dayton/pyle drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These are some speakers I'm building my brother for Christmas. Full range 5" dayton with a pyle tweeter which will be very highly crossed.
They are still in progress, but I hooked them up in the living room and the horn works beautifully.

url]

url]
url]

url]

url]

I failed to mention that I taped off the inside of the tweeters and then painted them with a satin black to match the look that I'm going for. I was very careful and they look factory.
These speakers will be used to supplement my brother's system for movies and tv.
All said and done I'll have less than $100 in them.

Crossblade said:
Yeah, experience is precious :D I did some 3D spirals for experience too

(source of the spirals is japan site - the one I did is the AG180)

http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~hanbei/eng-angular.html

Looks like you did a nice job on your brothers speakers Binkster. He's sure to enjoy them.

I looked into that link you posted, that's some crazy stuff there. I won't pretend to understand any of the principals behind them but two things are certain, he's having fun and he must like the way they sound.

Rick

Mea Culpa Crossblade didn't mean to slight you. ;)

Binkster I see you're a fellow woodworker/cabinetmaker whatever you prefer. I in one capacity or another have been involved in the trade for around 25 years now. These days though I'm but a humble desk jockey. I'm an estimator/project manger for Div. 8 projects.

I like the looks of the mantel clock you made for your brother. Is it made from walnut?

Take care guys.

Rick

Thanks Rik..
The picture is too dark to see the grain, but it is pine with a walnut stain on it. I enjoy the woodworking. I am working on a website right now to showcase more of my stuff.

Lightwave.. the tweeter is crossed at with 5k with a 4 ohm ten watt resistor. I started there for the tweeter because of a project I saw over at parts express.
I did have the the daytons crossed, but after listening to one crossed and one uncrossed, I decided to let the daytons go full range. I think the sounds in movies come across a lot clearer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.