We've Lost a Pioneer: Terry Cain

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
panomaniac said:
Very sad news.

But it is nice that his work lives on. Good job, Terry!

A good friend of mine had lost his path in life - he's been in trouble with the law, and his grades are abysmal. I won't give the exact details, as they're not really important.

He has good woodworking ability, though, and it was actually my showing him Terry Cain's work that led to his current interest in carpentry, especially in relation to speakers.

Though I have never met him, I think that Mr. Cain would have wanted his legacy to inspire a future generation of craftsmen to continue his proud traditions.

This, I feel, is the greatest monument of all. To be an amazing craftsmen and builder of speakers of one thing, but to influence and improve the lives of those who follow you through your work - that is immortality.

As I said on the BIB thread when Greg first told us:

He was a craftsman, a canny speaker designer, and an enthusiast who tried to help people consider different options rather than following a proscribed path.

More importantly, he was just a decent bloke. The world is a little emptier for his passing. But we'll remember him in our work. It's a good memory and memento to have. My heartfelt sympathy to Leslie in this difficult time.

Scott

I am sorry for all that knew him better

every person, that has any additional personal enterprise in life such as DIY, shares it with others and spreads the knowledge, breaths similarity and contribute to colority of life on our planet, is a person full of respect.
I respect everyone of you.
You are all pioneers.

Bon voyage Terry.

T11

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.