New FE206E TQWT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You're up a little late aren't you Scott? I have watched the progress of many PhD candidates. You aren't close to finishing until you say "I can't do this anymore." Then in 6 weeks you will be done.

Thanks for the reply. I looked at Martin's MLTL's after finding them in another thread. They look interesting, although I didn't get a good idea from the site how they sound. After listening to the BIB's I was amazed at how much bass they produced. It was way out of proportion to the mid range. It could have been the firehouse, but while I like the presence of bass, I really want to listen to the midrange more. OTOH, it would break my heart to have to build the G Chang:D . I have admired the looks of that design for quite a while. Looking at the frequency chart, it seems to be flat to 40 hz. That would work for me as my living room backs up to my garage and I have dreams of an IB sub someday. I have followed Marce's progress with expectation. Has anyone actually finished a curvy Chang? What were the listening results?

Bananaslug

I just picked up a used pair of Decware modified FE206's to use in the Vofo's.

Hopefully I'll be building a pair between thanksgiving and christmas.

Need to source the BB and figure out the BCS.......and bribe a friend to use his expertise/woodshop.

First and hopefully last pair of FR's. Currently listening to a pair of JMR Trente's with an 8WPC 300B. Although they sound very musical, they just don't have any punch (88dB).

planet10 said:

with or without the extra surrounds?

dave

I don't know, Dave. Why?

These are the FE206EM, not the current new DFR-8.

See attached pics for "what's included". I expect to see them at my doorstep next week.

b6aa_12.JPG

b82e_12.JPG

b3d4_12.JPG

b557_12.JPG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.