Visaton B200 in BIB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pretty decent.

Big? Oh, I agree, bigger is better, no doubt about that. If Sir wishes for BIG speakers, he's come to the right shop, and can be accomodated. :devilr: Both Greg and I 'do' big speakers, though I generally try to keep size down a bit so people have a fighting chance to get them in their house. Doesn't stop me indulging in the dark side every now and then of course.

For reference, the Hemp FR8 Monolith has a terminus of 200in^2. The B200 requires a terminus of 350in^2. So, using a WxD ratio of 1.4142 to maintain the correct conical profile, that's 15.75in wide x 22.25in deep (internal) in a cabinet roughly 75in tall. Of course, ideally, it should be about 85in tall x 18.75in wide x 26.75in deep. Which will be flat to 20Hz, with an F10 of around 12Hz. Not bad for a high Q, high Vas 8in driver in a horn. Anyone insane enough to give it a go? If you are, do let me know. Because I'd want to hear them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.