coral fullrange speaker vs Fostex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I've used quite a few Fostex drivers and 2 Coral Betas (6 and 8).
I currently have Fostex FE108S in BLH and FE166E in TQWP.

Comparing the Beta6 with the FE166E in the same pipes (Cain and cain clones), I can attest to the superioty of the Corals in terms of balance, smoothness and detail. The FE166E is a nice lil driver, but the Beta 6 is better (and better than the FE168ES).

I had the Beta8 a while back and thought they were good, but never built suitable enclosures for them:dunno:

I am not familiar with the model you mentionned.

i honestly don't know

yet here's a photo

of a coral speaker

9cos it looks good)

Attachments

• xyzsnoopy-img600x450-1162134662cimg0735.jpg
    xyzsnoopy-img600x450-1162134662cimg0735.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,489
ycliew said:
Could anyone tell me how the sound between coral 8a-40 comparing with beta and flat version. Also the sound different between coral and fostex speaker driver. As both are products from Japan.

The Best Coral is the Beta series, excellent detail and speed. The Flat series are slightly slower sounds but more forgiving ... you can say it's more musical... The 8a-40 is similar to the Flat ... but IMO the Flat is still a better spk.

Scottmoose said:
Coral sadly went out of business in the 1980s, but have since gained a reputation for being amongst the very finest FR drivers ever made.

Yes, it's sad that the Coral Company is gone... The Beta and Flat series are excellent drivers... seldom see this kind of quality these days.. Here's a picture of the Beta 8.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The orginal spks box design given by Coral works very well indeed.

Coral beta 8 on "EB**" now and a 10"

Yes, it's sad that the Coral Company is gone... The Beta and Flat series are excellent drivers... seldom see this kind of quality these days.. Here's a picture of the Beta 8.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
The orginal spks box design given by Coral works very well indeed.

Hi there: There are a pair of Coral Beta 8" and a single 10" on "EB**" now, sure good looking FR's. ...regards, Michael

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.