Here is what I did with my FE126e's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Since I don't have the woofers for my OB design yet I decided to slap the Fostex FE126e's in a standard cab which is 11.65 litres in volume made from 3/4" MDF with the removeable front baffle that is 1" thick. All sides except the front is veneered in Beech.After cutting the holes for the drivers I noticed that my drill burn out so I couldn't drill out the port holes yet,but even sealed I can live with the bass response which is very tight and punchy.I put on a Ray Brown album and didn't feel I was missing much at all.I was told that the 126e's have no bass unless horn loaded but I can't believe it after hearing them in my room.i will borrow my neighbors drill and port them and give an update.
IMGDEAD]

126e

Iam the one that suggested a OB fe126e on audiogon. And if you would have constructed it as I said you would have had bass that would be usable for the thread was about a cheap loudspeakers and if you add woofer etc it wouldnt be so affordable I have built such OB designs. When you asked if fe126e would give ok bass performance for Jazz etc I ment it would for the cost involve . You guys all took that wong for I was talking about cheap not state of the art. All audiophiles should know bass maters but folks do have budgets. I have used many fe127e- fe126e and a fe126e in a BR doesnt sound anywhere near as good as the OB design I suggested to you that would load the room much diferant than what any sim would show. The fe126e in a OB has a dipole effect very pleasent the mids and bass have more detail than in BR or BLH.For you dont have the backwave going through cone like in a cabinet. As you found out the bass responce is more usable than it should be for such a small driver and in a OB this still holds true. Glad your enjoying fe126e .JK-K.C.S.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.