can i use needles?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I'm new and i need a bit of help. At the moment i have a home theatre set from panasonic, SC-HT500. I want some new speakers for this system and i'm wondering if I can use the needle's for this. The current speakers are 6ohm, 60W, 95Hz -25kHz (-16db), 110Hz-22kHz (-10db).

The speakers are controled by the amplifier inside the subwoofer.

Can I use the needle's without a filter,because the current speakers are filtered by the amplifier of the system.

Sorry for my englisch,I'm from belgium so.

Thanks,ACQUA

I think the question is about the Needle named speakers... see this thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47403

Can you adjust the individual volumes of the speakers? if yes, then it might be possible. if not, then it is a gamble because the Needles could play softer or loader than the panasonics, with the sub stil at it's ori level..

what kind of speakers are inside the little cardboards you have now (just guessing, but since you want to improve on what you have and with the average HT set being made of cardboard this one might be as well)? you could then build decent cabinets for them, use 1/2" of 3/4" MDF or plywood, nice round off corners and you could be surprised (possitively)

@Henkjan

Yes I can change the individual volume of each speaker and I was planning on building new speakers with the needle-speakers. speakers and boxes. I'm just going to change the outside a bit.

Tonight I'm going to make a drawing of the speaker, I'm still not sure if i'm going to use my original speakers or upgrade to the needles.

ACQUA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.