TABAQ TL for Tangband

TB W4-1879

Hi

I would use this driver in a Quarter Wave.

In MJK´s sim the "infinite baffle" shows a drop from 300 Hz, leaving very little to work with in a Quarter Wave design.

You do not see this drop in the SPL plot on Tang Band´s homepage, but you can see there is a little less bass than you would expect looking at driver Fs and Qts.

I tried different designs, adjusting tuning frequency, volume, stuffing etc.

I even checked different sources to be sure the T/S parameters where correct.

It might be useful in other designs. However, this is not a driver I would choose in "my design world".

Hi
Bjørn

Hi guys,

I am writing here to share some of my experience with my first TABAQ build (with Monacor SPX-30M). A couple of posts ago I wrote that I have a peak in the mids that is covering the bass a bit. I haven't tried the BSC filter yet but I tried EQ-ing a bit. If I attenuate the frequencies above 700Hz with 3-4 db the sound gets muffled but I found out that if I just make a notch at 700Hz the sound gets a lot better for my ears. I will show you the EQ later, because that's on my home PC. Maybe I am getting used to the sound of the speakers or they are burning in, I don't know, but now the low frequencies are there and I pretty much like the sound. They sound pretty balanced and punchy.

So if someone is considering to try the TABAQs with these exact speakers - I hope this information is of any help to you.
Maybe the Tang-bands sound much better but these Monacors are very very cheap here in Bulgaria (around 12-13 euros a piece).

W4-1879

Hi

I would use this driver in a Quarter Wave.

In MJK´s sim the "infinite baffle" shows a drop from 300 Hz, leaving very little to work with in a Quarter Wave design.

You do not see this drop in the SPL plot on Tang Band´s homepage, but you can see there is a little less bass than you would expect looking at driver Fs and Qts.

I tried different designs, adjusting tuning frequency, volume, stuffing etc.

I even checked different sources to be sure the T/S parameters where correct.

It might be useful in other designs. However, this is not a driver I would choose in "my design world".

Hi
Bjørn
Hi Bjørn.

Thanks a lot for you survey.

.....if the adoption of more expensive driver into TABAQ does not bring the reasonable results I am fine with the 1320sj....

ATB
jan

Hello,

Working on a set of the TABAQ LG with the W5-1611SAF. These are exactly to the dimensions in the plans that Bjorn so awesomely put together. I have a couple of questions if anyone has time:

1) The BSC I have calculated is 1mH and 3.5 Ohms in parallel. Is this too far off?
2) Has anyone augmented the plans for the Scanspeak 10F/8414G-10? And if so what about 2, in a MTM design?

Once again, any help is greatly appreciated. I did some googling but couldn't seem to find the answers.

1- sounds good, but it will depend on your room and placement near or far the wall behind the speakers.

2- 10F should do fine in the original TABAQ. MTM much more difficult because drivers need to be placed very close together... but not impossible with a little imagination and trickery! :)

CHR 70.3 Tabaq

Hi all,

I am finally putting my Mark Audio driven Tabaq's together and have had a change of plan with regard to the port.

I am thinking of making a downward firing port with a tube. I would of course raise the cabinet on some feet.

I have seen Bjorn's test enclosure in a previous post (#1507)

My question is, can I put the tube fully inside the enclosure or would this mess up the tuning of the cabinet?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Hi all,

I am finally putting my Mark Audio driven Tabaq's together and have had a change of plan with regard to the port.

I am thinking of making a downward firing port with a tube. I would of course raise the cabinet on some feet.

I have seen Bjorn's test enclosure in a previous post (#1507)

My question is, can I put the tube fully inside the enclosure or would this mess up the tuning of the cabinet?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

That could work well.

I'd be a little concerned about the effects on the bass if it's not directed out the front of the foot of the cabinet. But that's probably sort-able with the details of the feet / foot-plate and cabinet stuffing.

J.

zbfldlRZBo3q8YUcBkU035mTBX53Do8MlcolfrO1s8bKAVhDGMf6yx0VZ-r7jcD4Omo5R3WDn4Y-cZLgP3WsuOSMt50qxWF2JnFEHqx-mf7uiJsi-91uJWb6VpUlJn0kSGrcbn96eg8l0UqMpqpICCe97x6ht37NdGYT72VrcBghFGrh6qtObggcQETIBsXHSUE5M0PeOKQ2_PrUqahYYQRP9Vubu4rh2eBG3jqW1cufNHt2FeivEbUdFTqErCtBi1BxTQLfvL_z1DhCozYWaumj81tMVhX2g9ZXVKSrDd3s3PDUv0LfVVgHvMGOgTCIqroERf6FG9J7GpdNNCGqyQIC8XMPnmB09IhM_ozC3AO_IhTymVGWI0Av8aQhMnPW5lANb2xyWt7GDsQ9MJl-9AT6IWxMRF9FYQuqthmjSu-leZnvsekgmpxcETnYohvYZ5TmAVEu0rQ0bRfe_1swMs3t0B8Bz3LygdsFnSd5dgUXwjSEg19kdwhsSAgFpNWGebC86W1qkKkYmsbAISm6-qdccFBEci1r4AxyBuoqj6Gk6CeEKF2266iCNbbZfhS2Lg0y2rOCDt4PYoLxQbielTrl-li0-GyS-f-EiJamwqKIMrrcEMrg0q-A6GhE09QcZvbxleokFCY90Z25U6ixRKpwJ4pfedlSNKs=w1266-h949-no

My Tabaqs all done. Once again thank you so very much Bjorn for the fantastic design!!