TABAQ TL for Tangband

Hi Folks,

Bjorn, the 4" indeed works great in the folded TABAQ. I completed the build a few months ago and am amazed what that cabinet does to the TB4"....I wouldn't have believed it were I not to have heard it myself. (I previously had the TB4 in a .25cf bass reflex cabinet and the results were nothing to write about.) That is what peaks my curiosity about the said TB5" which I already have.

If you'd like to share your design for the TB5", I love to see it and I may indeed attempt the build.

Regards,
Mario

Bjorn:

Throwing out an idea here. Am thinking of using the TB W3-881SI [which you have already determined will work well here] for the TABAQ folded T-L but with a twist.
What if we use 2 of these drivers per side in line with Danny Richie's trick posted here. What would change with respect to the folded T-L enclosure? Can I request you to please simulate this? Might make this design a little bit more "hi-end" than it already is. ;-)

Hi Mario, the TABAQ works very well folded. You can place the driver in the middle of the front if you want - as well as you can mount the driver 5 cm higher in TABAQ.

http://www.coolcat.dk/bjoern/TABAQ BOX Cabinet build.pdf

Please also find attached a way to use TABAQ as PC Speakers.

PS: I am now going to build TABAQ MICRO with TB 2 inch drivers :)

Hi from
Bjorn

Attachments

• TABAQ Combined small.jpg
    TABAQ Combined small.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 2,202
Hi Bjorn: In India we are starved for speaker drivers but I have found a local manufacturer [http://www.iwaispeakers.com] and they seem to have a promising FR driver which might work well in the TABAQ:

4" Driver
Nominal Impedance 8 Ohms
Resonance Frequency 110 Hz
Power Handling {IEC-268-5C} 25 Watt
Long Term Power {IEC-268-5L} 75 Watt
Short Term Power {IEC-268-5S} 125 Watt
Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 90 dB
Resistance (DC) 5.5 Ω
Qts 0.81
BL 3.8 T-M
VAS 1.44 Liters

Can I please request you to simulate this and see if this would work in a folded T-L?

Thanks! in advance.

-\keith

Last edited:
Hi Bjorn: In India we are starved for speaker drivers but I have found a local manufacturer [http://www.iwaispeakers.com] and they seem to have a promising FR driver which might work well in the TABAQ:

4" Driver
Nominal Impedance 8 Ohms
Resonance Frequency 110 Hz
Power Handling {IEC-268-5C} 25 Watt
Long Term Power {IEC-268-5L} 75 Watt
Short Term Power {IEC-268-5S} 125 Watt
Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 90 dB
Resistance (DC) 5.5 Ω
Qts 0.81
BL 3.8 T-M
VAS 1.44 Liters

Can I please request you to simulate this and see if this would work in a folded T-L?

Thanks! in advance.

-\keith

Got revised parameters for the driver from the manufacturer:
Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
Resonance Frequency: 100 Hz
Power Handling {IEC-268-5C}: 25 Watt
Long Term Power {IEC-268-5L}: 75 Watt
Short Term Power {IEC-268-5S}: 125 Watt
Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 88 dB
Resistance (DC): 7.4 Ω
Qms: 2.81
Qes: 0.85
Qts: 0.65
BL: 4.69 T-M
VAS: 3.18 Liters

IWAI in TABAQ

Hi Keith

I agree with kNOPFLER, this is not a full range driver.

If you put it into TABAQ you will experience a week bass - and no high treble as you can see on the manufactures webpage.

For your information I have attached the simulation of the IWAI driver in TABAQ.

Happay X-mas from
Bjorn

Attachments

• IWAI.jpg
    IWAI.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,271
Hi Bjorn:

I got all the measured parameters from the manufacturer. Also some graphs. Have attached them. Do your simulations with this data still show that this may not work well?

In advance, Thanks!

-\keith

Attachments

• TSP Sample #1646-1.txt
    779 bytes · Views: 61
  • SPL&IMP-Sample# 1646.jpg
    SPL&IMP-Sample# 1646.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 1,245