TABAQ TL for Tang Band - Page 75 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th March 2014, 09:55 AM   #741
diyAudio Member

Hi Bjørn

Fair enough, usually the best way when you've got a range of possibilities offering similar, but not quite the same, things. Especially when you've got commercial considerations & requirement for stability as well.

Evidently not, but I'm sure it will be ideal for many people's needs / wants, especially in today's room environments where 'small is king'. I can't pass comment re the base & top, but given the pictures on your site thus far, they look very nice as-is. Possibly a couple of aluminium outriggers with spikes for stability or similar?

Either way, the price mooted on your site (is that correct?) sounds like an outright bargain to me compared to similar things like the new JB3F, which cost more than three times that. To be honest, I'm tempted myself.

Last edited by Scottmoose; 24th March 2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old 26th March 2014, 04:57 PM   #742
LZ0 is offline LZ0  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

Default TABAQ LARGE for TB 4 inch

Hi Bjorn,

I own a pair of TB W4-1337SIF and I'm keen to use them in TABAQs. I read that 4 inch speakers work well in the original TABAQ design. But also there is the TABAQ LARGE designed for the 5 inch TB drivers. What is your opinion about using TB 4" in TABAQ LARGE? How would it perform there?
Old 27th March 2014, 11:40 PM   #743
diyAudio Member

Hi LZ0

It would probably not be the best solution, as the LARGE was designed for the specific 5 inch driver.

Actually, I have not simmed a TABAQ for 4" driver. I might do some sims, though.

I like the small footprint and size of the original TABAQ where the 4" is doing very well. You could reduce the stuffing if you like.

Hi from
Bjorn
Old 28th March 2014, 07:39 AM   #744
LZ0 is offline LZ0  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

Probably I will go for the original TABAQ. Anyway, sims would be interesting to see. Do you plan to design an enclosure specifically for the 4 inch TB?
Old 30th March 2014, 08:58 PM   #745
diyAudio Member

Hi LZ0

I did - again - sims for the 4 inch TB and it is working fine in the original enclosure.

The tuning is 55 Hz and lower the tuning does not work. Increasing the volume alter the nice and controlled roll off of the bass.

Mount the driver 8 inch from the top, not 10 inch. This is for both 3 and 4 inch drivers.

The reason TABAQ works with both 3 and 4 inch drivers is pure luck and was actually not intended in the design !

The small driver has a high Fs as well as a high Qts. The 4 inch drivers has lower Qts and lower Fs. Therefore the tuning is suitable for both driver types.

For the 3 inch driver the volume is rather big - and the stuffing has a high density to ensure a low and controlled bass. I did this to get the wow effect you experience with the small driver. For the 4 inch driver the stuffing can be reduced to 70 gram.

Hi from
Bjørn
Old 6th April 2014, 02:01 PM   #746
diyAudio Member

I think my BSC circuit is a bit weak, I have got too much treble for my likings. In my TABAQ box with Vifa I use 8.2mH coil and 3.3Ohm resistor with the Vifa TG9FD 8Ohm speaker (not the 4ohm version!)
On my amplifier I had to turn the highs knob down with one unit then it was much better. (don't know exactly the unit but maybe that is only 1dB)

Should I invest in the 1mH coil and 6.8Ohm resistor?
Old 6th April 2014, 07:59 PM   #747
diyAudio Member

Hi Earfanatic,

the BSC circuit was designed for a specific driver, and other drivers might need another adjustment. It also depends on your living room and personal taste.

Are you sure you use 8.2 and not 0.82 mH coil ?

Hi rom Bjørn
Old 7th April 2014, 05:15 AM   #748
diyAudio Member

Yes, 0.82mh is the correct. I recalculated the bsc to my driver with a web calculator, that gave me the values. But I have set a little less attenuation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjohannesen View Post
Hi Earfanatic,

the BSC circuit was designed for a specific driver, and other drivers might need another adjustment. It also depends on your living room and personal taste.

Are you sure you use 8.2 and not 0.82 mH coil ?

Hi rom Bjørn
Old 9th April 2014, 06:28 PM   #749
diyAudio Member

Is there any more way to improve the bass or should I play with the BSC to lower the treble?
Old 9th April 2014, 06:56 PM   #750
sayrum is offline sayrum  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hey.
For more and stronger bass get a different driver in a bigger cabinet

The dayton needle for example.

Regards

Hide this!Advertise here!