TABAQ TL for Tangband

Hi thiagomogi

If you expand the line in TABAQ LARGE: 2 inch from driver to top and 4 inch from driver to open end, and use 0.517 lb stuffing you would get at nice result. The sim is attached.

Attachments

• Alpair.png
    Alpair.png
    40 KB · Views: 1,030
I would be interested to try two W4-927SAs as a center speaker...

Could someone modify that tabaq Center to two elements :p
Got Tabaqs with W4-1320SC:s as a main speaker, so would like to continue the "series".

Other ideas also welcome, looking forward to build a center speaker. Then i would have a decent 5.1 system ;))

Hi Shakini

By using 2 drivers, the Vas will double suggesting the need for a larger cabinet, which you probably dont want.

I could suggest the folded TABAQ wint one driver, you can use the 4" driver.

http://www.coolcat.dk/bjoern/TABAQ BOX Cabinet build.pdf

You can place the driver in the middle of the baffle with no problem. Like you can place the driver 5 cm higher up compared to the original design of TABAQ.

If you really want 2 drivers. you could "bend" the normal TABAQ, attaching to enclosures. I hope you can see the idea in the drawing attached.

Hi

Attachments

• TABAQ_Tween.png
    TABAQ_Tween.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 947
Hi danzz

This driver will work fine, it is very similar to other TB drivers I have tested.

Hi
Bjørn

Thanks... I Will put a couple in one of the Pair I made for the 881SI from pe buyout, this is a similar driver from oaudio.de, 8€ per unit... Will comment when I try them out...

By the way, I got two w5-1611saf in some sarah boxes, I saw you design some tabaq for those drivers, did you ever calculares the BSC filter!?, Its a nice driver, and with nice bass extensión, in some tabaq enclouse would be great!!!.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2013
Commercial TABAQ (Kvart&Bølge)

When will we be able to buy the commercial TABAQ Bjørn? Any approximate date?

Hi, guys, I am Arved, Bjørns Business partner at Kvart&Bølge. Since the question was asked, the speakers based on Bjørn´s TABAQ design are now available, the can be bought through our website (Kvart & Blge, Audiophile Quarter Wave Loud Speakers) or through Amazon.

Hi danzz, I have not done any calculation for the 5" TABAQ, as some DIYer interested was thinking of changing the width and depth. This influence the need for baffle step compensation.

When you have decided on the physical layout, or dont want to change the width and depth, I will do the calculation.

And Scottmoose -thanks for the nice words !

Bjærn

Thanks a lot for your consideration, but I prefer to let you choose, you Will know better than me, What improvements Will give changing the dimensions. If you Think this changes Will improve the sound or the bass extension, for me its fine... What ever you do Im sure that you Will do it for good.

Many thanks

Hey guys, quick question:
What happens if I tune a TL for the Fs of the driver, and then add a reflex port at the end say 10Hz lower than the enclosure tuning? I mean, without changing the enclosure, so the port follows the TL volume and driver, but the TL itself stays the way it is.

I'm very close to building the 5 inch TABAQ. What if I round the internal dimensions off? It'll result in a 0.2cm deeper and 0.3cm shorter main cabinet (port dimension remains). Speaker will be placed 1/3 of that new line length (which is 0.1cm lower from closed end than the original design). It will also make it 257cc (0.257 litre) larger.

I'm thinking of stacking plywood together horizontally front-to-back, and the internal cross-section will be cut into the individual pieces accordingly. So the speaker will be one giant piece of carved plywood. There are no corners to glue together so to avoid cracks from forming I'll make the internal corner rounded, which also allows me to put in threaded inserts at each corner with more confidence, to mount the removable front baffle. Maybe that extra internal volume compensates for the driver's magnet volume and those rounded corners? Is that okay?

I just want it to look different, as well as able to take abuse. :D

CHR-70 SIM

I have done some sims with the very interesting driver CHR-70.

It does not work very well in the original TABAQ enclosure, but if you make the enclosure taller if looks very promising.

By making the enclosure taller, the tuning will be lower which works better for CHR-70. Otherwise the middle bass will be dominating as you can see in the plots attached.

Hi
Bjørn

Attachments

• CHR-70 SIM.pdf
    97 KB · Views: 443