Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TABAQ TL for Tang Band
TABAQ TL for Tang Band
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th May 2018, 03:08 PM   #2151
phenix332 is offline phenix332
diyAudio Member

Thank you, perceval and Jerms. I have seen those posts, but they do not go into a lot of detail. I actually was not able to find any information regarding a BSC for the TABAQ Large in this Thread and even though it comes down to preference in the end, knowing what has worked for others might help. Maybe start with suggestions for the normal Tabaq and a W4? The same goes for stuffing, since I could not quite understand which factors play the biggest role here?
Something like, higher qts=less stuffing?
Old 30th May 2018, 03:40 PM   #2152
FirstOff is offline FirstOff  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

It's usually low qts drivers that require less stuffing. Stuffing is used to suppress harmonics, and lower the Q (a gentler frequency slope, but at the expense of lower amplitude) of the enclosure. With a low qts driver you already don't enough of a bass lift, stuffing it more will just kill off any bass the enclosure is supposed to contribute.

High qts drivers will usually produce a peaky bass response which results in a boomy sound. Stuffing can suppress the boominess (lowering the Q).

After it's been built stuff it with the recommended weight, and either reduce it to get more bass, or add more if you feel that you have too much. I have my TABAQ large (with a W5-1611) with a little less stuffing than recommended. Gives it a silly bit of extra boom just for fun, it's not used for Hi-fi. And, I don't use BSC. When I re-built them I recessed the terminals so they can get as close to the wall as possible. Also because my mum doesn't like them sticking out into the room one bit.

Last edited by FirstOff; 30th May 2018 at 03:51 PM.
Old 31st May 2018, 12:40 PM   #2153
phenix332 is offline phenix332
diyAudio Member

FirstOff, thank you!
Must have mixed something up there... But seriously, this helps a lot.
Old 27th June 2018, 10:15 PM   #2154
GraphicCanuk is offline GraphicCanuk  Canada
diyAudio Member

Finally have found time to at least move forward on my new TABAQ build with my FatialPROS 8ohm. Burning in now for a bit. I’m thinking these are going to sound gooood in the TABAQ, better then my others with TB 315e. I can tell the highs and kids are clearer, and a bit more breadth in the base, with the sub build going with these I’m going to be having a big smile once done. And this is with them in my PVC tube burn in setup. Once I get building with FP mounted behind the baffle (less ugly). I will post a few images of that. I’m slow though....
Old 27th June 2018, 10:18 PM   #2155
diyAudio Member

Oops wanted to show the burn in setup
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 928C4527-F96B-4D83-BC98-C3351AA75982.jpeg (653.3 KB, 252 views)
Old 27th June 2018, 10:27 PM   #2156
diyAudio Member

Oops wanted to show the burn in setup
Old 28th June 2018, 02:02 AM   #2157
perceval is offline perceval  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicCanuk View Post
. I can tell the highs and kids are clearer,....
Wow, a new driver in a TABAQ that helps the sounds and the kids around! What a design!

Old 28th June 2018, 02:14 AM   #2158
diyAudio Member

Well thatís rather embarrassing. I donít like spell check on iOS. Even now it kept trying to tell me no, no, you mean kids... really.

Mids are and highs are better and brighter...
Old 28th June 2018, 07:11 AM   #2159
mightym is offline mightym  United States
diyAudio Member

That's funny, when I read post 2154 I skipped right past the misspelling. My brain just inserted "mids" and went right on.....

too much audio on the brain?

My audio brain has "Autocorrect"???
Old 18th July 2018, 03:05 PM   #2160
Posaydal is offline Posaydal
diyAudio Member

Default my little TABAQs

Finally managed to finish a pair of my own. Colors picked by my two sons, must admit they look awesome like this. I wanted to make them white, but i'm glad two of them made me change my mind.
No need to say that they sound absolutely beautifully, you all know that already. I made them without BSC, since they will ultimately go close to back wall and corners in a house that is currently under adaptation.
Thanks for this awesome plan and idea, i'm gonna love them for a long time, it seems.
P.S. that system behind is not the one that powers them, i'm using Topping TP23 amp, sounds great, btw
Cheers, folks, have fun
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180718_165633.jpg (637.3 KB, 129 views)

TABAQ TL for Tang BandHide this!Advertise here!