TABAQ TL for Tangband

I am going to put them in a test box first and break them in see if I need a BSC etc.. If I like the sound and get them working the way I like the next step is to build to the dimensions of the TABAQ with a bentwood enclosure and get them sounding the same or better then the test box. It will be a challenge which I like and will take a bit of time. I may be totally out in left field but worth a try.

Something like a Davon Solo, but my own design which I am working on.

Attachments

• 43584B52-8D5F-47B6-A9C7-5ACA80B10390.jpeg
    43584B52-8D5F-47B6-A9C7-5ACA80B10390.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 755
RS100

A have done many simulations with RS100 trying to optimize TABAQ for this driver.

The sims suggested tuning the cabinet higher, just making the cross section (area) of the port twice as big..

I compared the RS100 to other drivers, mounted them in TABAQ one by one.

At the end I gave up RS100 as it could not play very loud before I could hear distortion.

A have done many simulations with RS100 trying to optimize TABAQ for this driver.

The sims suggested tuning the cabinet higher, just making the cross section (area) of the port twice as big..

I compared the RS100 to other drivers, mounted them in TABAQ one by one.

At the end I gave up RS100 as it could not play very loud before I could hear distortion.

Sad to hear that. I almost decided that it is the one I am looking for. Can you help me with a suggestion for another driver. In post 2093 I listed some of the ones I think fit the requirements.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/88787-tabaq-tl-tang-band-210.html#post5376718

As I told perceval I am trying to find a driver that has a round bezel to cover eventual gaps. Creating a baffle on top is a good idea but I was trying to achieve the best result wit minimum effort :)

Suggestions for other drivers, not listed in my post are also welcome. Thank you.

Completed, tested, and loved! I don't really know what to say about these bad boys that hasn't been said before, but I'm above impressed. Just about everything sounds good played through these, even really aggressive metal and sub-heavy electronic music.
As stated previously I am a total noob to this, so I can't tell you much about the frequency response, the transients, the sibilance, the stereo imaging, the mojo, or anything, all I can say is that I absolutely love them!

PS: If you really want to be impressed by TABAQ, play "Dancing with Kadafi" by Infected Mushroom
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Sad to hear that. I almost decided that it is the one I am looking for. Can you help me with a suggestion for another driver. In post 2093 I listed some of the ones I think fit the requirements.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/88787-tabaq-tl-tang-band-210.html#post5376718

As I told perceval I am trying to find a driver that has a round bezel to cover eventual gaps. Creating a baffle on top is a good idea but I was trying to achieve the best result wit minimum effort :)

Suggestions for other drivers, not listed in my post are also welcome. Thank you.

How about this coax one?

It is a 4" driver, with a nice 3mm Xmax, including a tweeter in the middle. It is a round bezel. Available at parts-express.

Dayton Audio CX120-8 4" Coaxial Driver with 3/4" Silk Dome Tweeter 8 Ohm

Completed, tested, and loved! I don't really know what to say about these bad boys that hasn't been said before, but I'm above impressed. Just about everything sounds good played through these, even really aggressive metal and sub-heavy electronic music.
As stated previously I am a total noob to this, so I can't tell you much about the frequency response, the transients, the sibilance, the stereo imaging, the mojo, or anything, all I can say is that I absolutely love them!

PS: If you really want to be impressed by TABAQ, play "Dancing with Kadafi" by Infected Mushroom

Cool! :cool:

In a small room, the TABAQs do impress! Had to check that song as I like Flamingo and Sense of direction from them.... will try on my system later! thanks!