Goodman's Triaxiom 555c - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th October 2006, 09:36 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to poorstudent Send a message via MSN to poorstudent Send a message via Yahoo to poorstudent
Default Goodman's Triaxiom 555c

Any fans of vintage Made in England speakers tell me anything about enclosures for these? I found this pair in unopened boxes! Shipped from (and presumeably sold by Heathkit) on Dec. 15, 1978 from Mississauga to the original owner in Victoria, BC. The box I have contained two raw drivers with a label '1 of 2 boxes' and another label 'Speaker Kit'. And Heathkit's logo all over. The drivers themselves have a label indicating Resonance 25cps, Impedance 15/16 ohms, Freq. Resp. 20-20000 cps, Capacity 50 watts. Nice 15" gold-colored woven paper(?) cones, accordian surround, horn mounted in the centre and it surrounded by a whizzer that has a purple angora-sweater-feeling damper ring in it's middle. Attached to each driver is a crossover and level control for the horn tweeter labeled 'Brilliance'. Judging by the gaskets mounted on their fronts they were designed for mounting behind the baffle. Can't find much - a bit on the 212's but nothing on these. I have no restrictions as far as cabinet. Their mids and highs lead me to believe there is some potential here for an awesome speaker when I get an idea about enclosures!

Hide this!Advertise here!