How should I convert my single Fe103 based RS speaker to a portable sound device?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I snagged a FE103 based speaker on eBay for about 11$. I have yet to test it, as all my amplifiers would probbably make it go "foom", but I should have a new T-amp here soon enough anyway. The build quality is very good, though, and being made of wood, it also appears pretty durable.

What I would like to do is convert it to a portable speaker. Sure, it's only mono, but it's good quality mono vs. crappy stero which may as well be mono anyway.

What I'd be needing is a small, cheap amplifier that can be run off of 7.4v (if possible; I might be able to wire a larger LiIon pack if necessary) and a simple mixer to turn stereo into mono. Batteries are not a problem - I'll probbably use a 1.3-2.6 amp-hour lithium pack, which should allow me plenty of runtime.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.