Please give me some advice on what set of drivers for this box.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been out active hobbying for about 2 years due to a job move and new house purchase. I'm really anxious to get back to amp/speaker building during this winter while the construction projects slow.

I went to a audio get together little while back and got a free set of enclosures. I thought populating them would be a nice no-brainer and low time-cost way to get back into the mix of things.

The box is about 0.20cu-ft on the inside, it has a cutout for a 1.5" flared port and has 2 driver cutouts about 3.5" in diameter. The overall box size is about 9" x 4".

I'm not sure whether I should put (2x) 3" full range drivers in it or a full-range and a tweeter? Or what else? I looked around at parts express and found several 3" full rangers. Most of them will do 100-20k which sort of seems like no tweeter needed.

I'm not asking for anyone to do the leg-work research for me, I'll spend the time to choose the drivers I want. I would just like some reassurance of what configuration would work well in this layout. I'm leaning towards twin identical drivers w/o a XO.

Thanks.
--
Danny

I would .....

I am in WA also...I would seal off the port, & use 1 fullranger of your choice..I use a sub baffle system & use all kinds of vintage fullrangers for the wide range. Bring the tweeter in very high, over 10,000hz with a single cap... I would just re-do the xisting whole's 7 modify that baffel to fit a single fullranger.. even some of the oval vintage alnico units are very good..I would get something from Dave at Planet 10, he can hook you up, a very knowlegable chap, that also knows his vintage drivers & carries bunches of them,, also holds e-bay actions.. he is a Mod here at DIY..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.