Projects for FE108eS/FE126

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did some studies into volumetric displacement and found that most rooms are not truly set up for horns.
As the wave expansion occurs there is less energy (partical displacement or compression) that occurs into a smaller volume. There appears to be a resrictive back force that lets less energy being broadcast into a smaller volume. This amount of energy is an exponential curve according to the exausted energy into a given expanded volume.
Simply put if you exausted a wave into the same volume as the horn there would be no horn action. It would be at a balance at that point. If you expanded the volume to a greater amount then the horn action would increase in an exponential manner.
Without the expansion of the wave there is no true horn action.
ron

I believe there's a smaller room that will be used as well as the main one, so there should hopefully be some corners in there that can be used.

A 250ft^2 lounge -I was probably out there. Pretty decent size for the UK -much larger than mine. It has an opening into a smaller (dining) room which we'd used a couple of weeks back; they worked much better in the larger room, mostly due to them being well away from the side-walls.

Does anybody know how low will the A126 horn go (with FE126E and defelector)?

I'm trying to determine what my next project will be and right noe it is between the A126 (with FE126E) and OB Visaton B200

I would like to be able to have a satisfactory bass extension without having to resort to a sub. (I think a 50Hz ish would be enough but I would surely preffer 40Hz range)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.