Diatone P610

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,
I was lucky to come across a pair of Diatone P-610 driver. I'd read quite a fair bit of good comments about them. Thus, I can't wait to build a pair of cabinet for em...

I wish to build the Double Cabinet enclosure but failed to find the design. Can Anyone help?

BUT if someone can help me design a new box for the diatone, enclosure of any type is ok, I'll be happy to do so, as long as the diatones are happy...

Cheers

I did try many enclosures for the P610. Original Diatone first.
Never satisfied.
Then I discovered the Audio Tekne: www.audiotekne.com.

It's really different and the sound is amazing.
I designed a kit for the P610 years ago, named Flat Box, and a complete system named S-1 LE (now S-1.1 LE).
Many audiophiles say that it sounds better than the Audio Tekne.
But the best is the Audio Tekne full graphite version.

Fabio

I have a couple of p610ma and these, after some cabinets and amps, are the conclusions I came to:

1) they need some power. I'd say they are good companions for a PP of EL34.

2) they really love big reflex boxes.
I tried the open baffle, nice as usual, but as you'd imagine you need a sub.
I tried the (RJ?) panel in front of a reflex in a 18" square box. No good.
I tried the replica of the audiotekne design with a sandwich of MDF and particulate, with the adjustable reflex panel on the back. really thick and heavy. Nop. High Q, high resonance freq. The speakers couldn't breathe.

Has anyone ever tried the Diatone design that comes with the speakers?

hi to all. i'm new in this forum and i'm going to ask you some enclosure project for my new diatone p-610 db speakers.
i need to make them sound in a very small place.
box need to be spaced 2,5 mt to each other, very close to the rear wall (30/50 cm).
listening point will be focused at 3,5 mt from both and the rear wall will be at 4 mt from speakers. ceiling will be around 2,80 mt.
no wall will be present at speakers sides.
the best solution for positioning them, will be a column tall 80/100 cm, 20/25 wide and 20/30 cm deep.
i'm really curius about flat box project (above all for the sealed solution adopted instead of vented port) and would like to know if this kind of project might be adapted to a coloumn.
thank's to everyone who want to send me some project.
this follow is my email:
capiscio@fastwebnet.it
thank's and best regards:)

hi capiscio

the dimensions that i used is similar except it is 330mm deep and wide.

R0010105.JPG

it works well in my room. i had to damp the internal rear of the box to reduce resonace.

more pics of my room here .

I know this is a fairly old thread. But i just wanna ask something. I have a pair of p610mb and they sound amazing most of the time. But sometimes, mine even in reasonable volume, distorts with specific tracks especially with those heavy piano passages. Is this normal trade off with full range drivers or is there something wrong with my drivers? TIA
I have a couple of p610ma and these, after some cabinets and amps, are the conclusions I came to:

1) they need some power. I'd say they are good companions for a PP of EL34.

2) they really love big reflex boxes.
I tried the open baffle, nice as usual, but as you'd imagine you need a sub.
I tried the (RJ?) panel in front of a reflex in a 18" square box. No good.
I tried the replica of the audiotekne design with a sandwich of MDF and particulate, with the adjustable reflex panel on the back. really thick and heavy. Nop. High Q, high resonance freq. The speakers couldn't breathe.

Has anyone ever tried the Diatone design that comes with the speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.