Aperiodic boxes for Ciare CH250

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi everybody.
Many thanks for your posts.
This is a provisional drawing of my inminent aperiodic Ciares. Internal volume is 100 liters. Dimensions according to "golden ratio" (the best box calculation software if you don´t have any software). All dimensions in cm.
Panels: 18mm finland birch plywood.
Aperiodic ports shape and location are merely indicative and open to experimentation.
I haven´t decided yet about driver mounting. In my opinion back mounting is more aesthetic but I didn´t have good sonic results in the past (more veiled sound). I have to think about.
Any experience on this matter with Ciares?.

More clear for me It´s the correction circuit thing. If correction is really essential, then I will put it before the power amp. In my opinion, this is a less invasive technique. Components of much lower values, better tolerances and, generally, better performance can be used in a simple way. It´s cheaper too.

Your suggestions and comments are very welcome.
Best Regards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.