Jordan JXR6 driver array

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This will be my first foray (yikes) into multi driver based speakers. I have built single driver (full range) speakers in the past to great satisfaction.
I recently completed a TL speaker employing Jordan JX92 for the drivers. I always suspected I would like the sound of Jordan drivers and this past project confirmed everything that I had thought. The speakers are accurate, non fatiguing with an exceptional soundstage. I have read on this forum and on the Jordan website very positive responses in regards to set ups that use multiple (preferably 4) drivers in a vertical array. In every case the 2” Jordan drivers need to be matched with a suitable bass extension unit. The single Jordan drivers if inserted in a 1.8 litre enclosure provide for an Fb of 120Hz. So I need a driver to pick up the rest.
Since this being my first multi drive project I have no experience with cross overs or for that matter complex enclosures. I have attached a rough sketch of the proposed speaker. The physical dimensions are about 4.5” wide x 12” deep x 4’ high. These sizes are based purely on esthetics and some information from the Jordan site about box dimensions for linear arrays. I like the idea of a very narrow face and a side firing bass unit. But beyond that they are based on NO actual measurements or calculations
I imagine that this project will take a while, I am in no rush and look forward to experimenting and learning as I go. It would be great if people would point me in the right direction, help me ask the questions I need to be asking at this point and any suggestions that they might have in regards to driver matching (I was thinking SEAS), enclosure dimensions, crossovers and vents. And how I might go about analyzing this data and doing calculations before I cut my first piece of wood.
Thanks for this forums continued support and I look forward to moving a head with this project.
Cheers

Attachments

• skecth1.jpg
    skecth1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 290
A very neat-looking design. You may find the array sounds better on the wider face - this supports the mid-bass better and gives a fuller sound. Regarding crossover, if you wanted to keep things simple you could use the method indicted on the Jordan site and run the JXR6s full range (just the box rolling off the LF) and an inductor to roll in the bass unit. Going active would make it a lot easier to match levels.

Anything more sophisticated is beyond my crossover skills so I'll be interested to see what others come up with.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.