4" single driver pics - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th September 2006, 09:17 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default 4" single driver pics

Ok this is my third project posted and it is my overall best sounding yet.I call these little babies the FR4.The boxes are made from carefully matched Pine with a natural hand rubbed oil finish and feature the Tang Band W4-616S 4" full range driver.The cabinet is front ported with a 1-3/4" diameter port with a 4" long port tube.The cabinet walls are lined with fiberglass.Internal wires are 18 awg solid core OCC copper.I am running these with an analogue front end and a 40wpc tube amp.No sub is needed with jazz and classical music. [IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Old 8th September 2006, 01:46 AM   #2
type is offline type  United States
diyAudio Member

Very nice work. What are the cabinet dimensions? It sounds as if you like the 616s. I'm also interested in this tang band but most of the feedback on it says that it lacks a high end. What other drivers have you compared it to?
Old 8th September 2006, 06:26 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

The out side demesions are 8" wide by 8" tall by 8" deep but the inside demension are altered to break up standing waves.I like the 616's and feel they have a nice full sound to them.At first they seemed to have no high frequencies,but after a few days of breaking in the highs opened up tremendously.I only compared them to a set of no name 4" full rangers I had on hand.My friend has the Omega Super 3's with 4" Fostex drivers and these sound more realistic.[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Old 8th September 2006, 07:47 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Sweet!

Very classy indeed.
Old 8th September 2006, 07:33 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thank's
Old 9th September 2006, 03:30 AM   #6
JandG is offline JandG  United States
diyAudio Member

Default I like em.......

Actually the entire system,...simple PP amp with not alot of garbage in the way...with power..I amagine it sounds very good. I also like all woods......If I could afford it my enclosures would be all real wood each & every time. Great jog...please tell more.

Hide this!Advertise here!